The Army of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Forums of the Army of Light.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This Forum is Now De-Commissioned. Please Register at the New, Enhanced Forums at: www.thearmyoflightswtor.forumotion.com . Thank you.

Misnod's Application (Approved)

Go down 
+3
Aone
Korvus Starlight
Jephos Mispir
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Misnod's Application (Approved) Empty
PostSubject: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:46 am

1. Character Name (this will be your name on the site and forums):* Misnod Fablo

2. Class (Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight, Smuggler, or Trooper):*Smuggler - I've just always thought they best encapsulate the western in space feel of Star Wars. Shooting first, fighting dirty, playing fast and loose with the law, and my own Wookiee? What's not to love?

3. Please describe your knowledge of Star Wars? The more detailed the better, please: * I, like everyone here I imagine, have seen all the movies multiple times. I've read probably ten of the books. My favorites were the Thrawn series and the Darth Bane series. I played the other Old Republic games on Xbox, and I played SWG for a while, as well. I even got the Clone Wars cartoon off of Netflix, and I didn't think it was so bad. (That poor, doomed Ahsoka...)

Please tell us about your other guild/MMO experiences. If there is more
than one guild/experience, please include all of them. If you left your
last guild, please tell us why you decided to leave. If you have used
more than one name, please list them all.*

I've never really left a guild in a MMO that wasn't breaking up or being absorbed into another. The only way I've ever quit one is to stop playing the game.

Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies): Undead and Fabulous
-Game: World of Warcraft
-Name: Brodie (I've forgotten my last name by now)
-Level: 80. I'm not sure how high it goes these days, but that was the cap when I quit several years ago.
-Server: Crushridge (PvP)
-Class: Rogue
-Race: Undead

Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies): PAZ (means "peace" in Spanish)
-Game: Star Wars Galaxies
-Name: Misnod Fablo
-Level: 90
-Server: Gorath
-Class: Smuggler, Jedi, Entertainer
-Race: Human

Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies): Fallen Alliance
-Game: Everquest
-Name: Bobnob Longwalker - thusly named because I didn't care to pay for a druid or wizard to take me anywhere, so I walked pretty much everywhere I went. It went with the whole monk thing pretty well, I thought.
-Level: 70
-Server: Prexus
-Class: Monk
-Race: Human

5. What type of role do you wish to take within the guild? How do you plan to be active? Please be specific.* I've done the guild leadership thing in my WoW guild as co-leader and later as an officer after I stepped down after a disagreement with my cohort on which direction to take the guild. I wanted something a bit more pvp-centric and they wanted end game content. I lost, but still stayed on in leadership and supported the guild the best I could until I just got bored with the game a few years later. I say that, only to say this. The role I wish to take in the guild is the one I had in SWG after I quit WoW - that of just a good soldier. I know the headaches that come with leadership in one of these things. I don't want any, and I don't want to cause any. I just want to log in and play and have fun in a good atmosphere.

6. Why do you feel the Army of Light is a good fit for you?* From what I've read poking around on the forums today, I think that the leadership is trying to foment a drama-free atmosphere based on maturity and mutual respect. I'm down with that.

7. What do you expect of the guild? Please be specific.* First off, I expect my answer from question six. On top of that, I'd like activity, grouping opportunities, and low tolerance for overtly-jerkish behavior.

8. Age* (Must be 16+ - only truly exceptional Applications from sub-16 year olds will be considered): Thirty-two, but I tell people I'm twenty-six, because I can get away with it. That's getting harder to do these days, since I've noticed more than the two or three gray hairs I was plucking. I should probably just accept it.

9. Time Zone:* USA-Central

10.Role-Play
experience/expectations. Can you give us some examples of Role-Playing
you have participated in before. When it comes to expectations, give
us an example of what would be fun to participate in, what you are
looking for, etc.* The most fun I ever had role-playing was when I was a dark Jedi in SWG. I had myself a padawan, and I made him do all sorts of tasks for me for a week or so, and sent him on quests before dueling him to the death at the ruined Jedi temple and doing a little ceremony for him. It totally violated the rule of two, but canon isn't the most important thing in a game. I had a good time with it and so did he, and that's all that really mattered to me.

When Misnod was a smuggler in SWG, that's where I really felt like I got the RP bug. I was a pilot for the Smuggler's Alliance, loosely rebel-aligned, like Misnod's bio. I had her (even though in this game, I want my character to match the person behind the keyboard and be a guy) as a creature handler, even though it wasn't the optimal class build. I just liked the idea of a smuggler walking around with a huge Nexu and that's the way I played it.

In an actual role-playing guild, I don't much know what to expect.

11. How can you benefit and help the guild? Please include any skills or talents you have that you would
enjoy doing within the guild. How have you helped your previous guild(s), if you have previous experience?* The most help I have given any guild was naming it. I think Undead and Fabulous is quite possibly the best-named guild ever, and I'm not just saying that because I came up with it one night as a joke. I see you folks already have a name, so that really does me no good here.

I'm a fairly upbeat, positive person, but not so upbeat and positive it becomes annoying and Pollyanna-ish. I'm not a complainer. I want to punch complainers in the throat, but I don't because they'd just have something new to complain about. ("My throat hurts. Life sucks even worse now!")

12. How do you define a quality member?* First off, no begging. But, if given something gratis, someone who shows proper humility and gratitude. Someone who contributes to the guild goals and participates in guild activities. Someone who, to the best of their abilities, is looking to help someone else out. That doesn't mean to their own character's detriment necessarily, but if given the choice between farming credits and helping member Joe Blow finish a difficult quest...choosing to help their guildmate.

13. How did you find the Army of Light? Did someone recruit you? If so, please let us know who.*I found it through the search filter on the SWTOR website. It matched the criteria I searched for, so here I am!

14a.Have
you visited our website and chat room, and familiarized yourself with
the, Charter, Mission Statement, and Rules of Conduct? (You must answer
in the affirmative and please prove that you have)* I visited the chat room but I was the only person in it. It was really late right then, so that's not surprising. I'll probably poke my head in at some point. I've seen in other threads the actual website is down, so I've poked around the forums to see what I could see and I found a few threads:

https://thearmyoflight.forumotion.com/t4-guild-forum-policies-and-rules
AND
https://thearmyoflight.forumotion.com/t511-guild-expectations-and-behavior-please-read
AND
https://thearmyoflight.forumotion.com/t8-frequently-asked-questions-about-the-army-of-light

Those probably serve the same purpose as the material on the site listed in the question, and I didn't see anything there I disagreed with.

14b. Do you
pledge to fulfill them, most notably to uphold the virtues of Maturity,
Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama?* I do. (I didn't just get married, did I?)

14c. The Army of Light wishes to have members who take the concept of Commitment and Loyalty very
seriously. By applying and if accepted, you are taking an Oath to both
the guild and your guild-mates here. Is this something to which you can
commit? Yes.

15. Would you say that you embody the qualities of
Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity? What are your definitions of
these four words? Please don’t just answer yes or no, let us know why
you think you possess these qualities.*I am a paragon of virtue. Just ask my Commander Shepard in Mass Effect if you don't believe me. In all seriousness, though, yes, I do try to live up to those.

Respect - treating others the way you wish to be treated
Honor - striving to do the right thing, even when nobody is looking
Loyalty - living up to the commitments you've made to others
Maturity - when a combination of the other three is no longer a struggle

16. Tell us about a time
you offered assistance to someone who did not ask for it but clearly
needed it. If you have never had this experience, tell us what you would do if faced with that situation? I'm unsure if this question is asking about inside of a MMO or in real life. I'll answer with real life, because if that's what you're looking for and I answer with a video game answer, I'll just look lame.

Last week my sister was telling me she had bought a new couch, but couldn't get it delivered yet because she couldn't get the old one out. She has two kids to take care of (ages four and eight), and her husband was out of town on business and wouldn't be back until that weekend. I volunteered to get her old couch out of her house and take it to Goodwill that evening. The next day, when her new couch was delivered, the stories tell of much sitting done in a very triumphant manner.

Role-play Scenario (please tell us how you would handle the situation):
You are leading a group of 3 others through a forest on a remote moon
to destroy an enemy communications relay. Up ahead in a clearing, you
happen to spot a small Sith camp. Your group has not yet been spotted by
the enemy. You are reasonably well supplied for your mission, including
armaments. The clearing containing the Sith camp is not necessarily in
your direct path to reach your original mission objective. Attacking the
camp could alert the guards at the relay. However, attacking the relay without first dealing with the camp could mean enemy reinforcements from the camp. What do you do? With just four people, I couldn't afford to split my forces to attack the array and the camp at the same time - even though I count for at least three. Thankfully, we hadn't been spotted by the Sith and were still far enough away to come up with a plan. I instructed the Wookiee to set up a small array of explosive charges, no more than a quarter of we were carrying with us, just past the tree line. The most difficult decision of all was the choice to leave behind our one automatic mortar gun. The charges going off in the forest wouldn't be enough to prevent reinforcements coming from the camp. A few mortars lobbed into their camp, however, would convince them they themselves were under attack. So, we had to soldier on without. I kept three of the shells, though. It's been my experience that the moment you think, "It sure would be nice to have a spare mortar shell with me to blow something up," is when you need it the most.

I set up a quick and dirty network between the charges down below and the mortar gun up on the ridge with us. In two hours, the charges at the treeline would go off, and several minutes after that, the mortars would start getting lobbed into the camp. That wasn't a lot of time, but I didn't want to spend all day outside the communications relay, either.

As luck would have it, it was the right decision. It took us a little longer than we thought to get to the communications relay, but as we arrived, almost all the Sith troopers were leaving via transport to help find the guerrillas out in the woods. Can you believe it? The camp had sent a distress call to the relay! They only left four guards at the tower, and like I said, I'm worth at least three. We tossed in a thermal detonator, and then I hopped out and shot the two guards who didn't die in the blast right in the back. Those three shells I kept? Used those to blow up the tower's base and knock that sucker down. We walked into the base and dropped the remainder of our thermal detonators in the control room. I figured there was no sense in carrying all that extra weight, and if the Sith had to replace a few computers, that didn't hurt me any.

In more than 50 but less than 200 words, please describe your personal
character and the type of person you are (We wish to get a good feel of
the type of person that will be becoming a part
of our guild family - a very important question!)*I'm a decent enough guy. I enjoy spending time with my friends, but I'm also a tad introverted, so I enjoy spending time alone. That's where video games, reading, and writing come in. I fancy myself a writer, but I keep deciding whatever story I'm working on sixty or seventy pages in isn't working and I am perpetually restarting it seems. I made a joke about my Commander Shepard, but it had a point: I can't even play a bad guy in video games. I've tried before, and I always wind up playing the hero. That's why I decided to play on the side of the Republic instead of the Sith Empire. I hope that's less than 200 words.

19. Tell us a little about your in-game character*
-Character Name: Misnod Fablo
-Character Physical/Mental Features: I don't really know this just yet. I don't want to pigeonhole myself based on this section before I've gotten to use the character creator. I do know this, though. Misnod's a dude.
-Character Biography: Misnod was born on Coruscant, the son of two wealthy diplomats, Chozu and Mina Fablo. He was to attend the best schools and follow in his parents' footsteps. Unfortunately, that future never materialized for the two year-old Misnod. His parents were part of the diplomatic envoy destroyed by the Sith in what was officially known as the "Skirmish in the Tingel Arm", which started the Great Galactic War in 28 BTC. His parents did prepare for his well being in the event of their deaths, but those charged with his care repeatedly cheated Misnod and the credits meant to provide for him. By the age of sixteen, the money was all gone, stolen by the unscrupulous accountants and attorneys who were to keep it safe. He was on his own and out on the street.

It didn't take long for Misnod to realize his true calling - making more money. He began hustling for local crime bosses in seedy underbelly of Coruscant's lower levels - a far cry from the penthouse in the clouds his parents had owned. He ran drugs, illegally-modified guns, whatever he had to do to get by. Eventually, the bosses took notice of his knack for always getting the job done and he was asked to take care of something special: transporting a Wookiee slave from his bosses' secret compound to a buyer in Sith space.

Initially, he agreed, blinded by the overwhelming amount of credits he would earn - more than half a year of running illegal pistol mods. The war was still on at that point, so it was very dangerous work, but Misnod was young and invincible. Just before crossing into Sith space, however, he had an attack of conscience. The Wookiee was the only other life form on the ship and, sure, there were droids to talk to, but Misnod could only take so much of that. Despite their situation, the Wookiee was welcoming of Misnod. To this day, Misnod has yet to ask why. The Wookiee's name was Chawook. He had been a slave for almost his entire life, which was more than three times as old as Misnod was at that point. Day after day, he would make it down to the cargo hold and the two would just talk to one another, sharing the stories of their lives. After a few days of this, he told Chawook he could not take him to die on some Sith world and offered to drop him off on the planet of his choice. It was then he learned of the Wookiee life debt. Chawook had to stay with Misnod, and they went on the run together for more than a year, scraping up whatever work they could doing the only thing Misnod knew to do: smuggling goods - no slaves. Period.

As is the way of life on Coruscant's criminal societies, Misnod's old boss was soon dead, and with nobody to pay the bounty on his head, nobody ever tried to collect - or at least not on that particular one.

20. What is your registered user name on swtor.com?*Misnod

Last edited by Misnod on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General
Jephos Mispir

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:52 am

Greetings Misnod,

Your Application is now under review by the Recruitment Council. You will typically receive a response in 48 hours or less.

Thank you for your interest in the Army of Light.

Warmest regards,
Grand Master Jephos Mispir
Founder of the Army of Light
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
Korvus Starlight
Commander
Commander
Korvus Starlight

Character Sheet
Name: Korvus Starlight
Advanced Class: Sentinel
RP Title: Master

PostSubject: Re: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:04 am

Smuggler!

Misnod's Application (Approved) Omg

We need more of you. And just browsing your app I'm pretty sure you stand a good chance of getting in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aone
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Aone

Character Sheet
Name: Aone
Advanced Class: GunSlinger
RP Title:

PostSubject: Re: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 9:20 am

Another smuggler, thats great.... Welcome and good luck....

Hope to see you in chat soon.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 1:41 pm

Ugh. The last little bit reminds me why I shouldn't try telling a story at four in the morning. Not so good. I started the app about one a.m. and kept saying to myself, "Oh, I'll just do one more question and then finish the rest tomorrow". At least I'm taking vacation days today and tomorrow. It's Opening Day! Then tomorrow, it's Rangers Opening Day! I can't necessarily say it's my favorite holiday of the year, but it's darn close.

And, yeah, thanks for the good luck wishes.
Back to top Go down
Ermac Scorpion
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Ermac Scorpion

Character Sheet
Name: Ermac Scorpion
Advanced Class: Trooper commando
RP Title: Squad leader

PostSubject: Re: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:17 pm

welcome misnod XD glad to see another smuggler hope you get in bro
Back to top Go down
Tal Core Starknite
Sergeant
Sergeant
Tal Core Starknite

Location : Where the the week need strength, and a friend needs help

Character Sheet
Name: Tal Core Starknite
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight
RP Title: 4

PostSubject: Re: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:21 pm

That app. looks pretty good to me. And we so need more smugglers. Good luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:36 pm

You biased smugglers =3!

Good luck on your app.
Back to top Go down
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General
Jephos Mispir

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:35 am

Greetings Misnod,

Your Application has been Approved.

Your next step upon the Path is to pass your Trial Membership.

You will need to:
- Post 15 meaningful posts on the Forums
- Post an Introduction of yourself (RP) on the Forums
- Create a registered Forums profile, complete with avatar
- Obtain an avatar for use in our Xat chats (primary room is our Embassy Chat)
- While in chat, make your name [AL]Mate Misnod Fablo
- Register with the guild on the SW:TOR site at http://www.swtor.com/guilds/5501/army-light

After you have been here a minimum of 1 week and have done the aforementioned, you must then interview with myself or Supreme Master Caliber Mispir to pass into Full Membership.

With that successfully completed, you will report to the acting Smuggler branch leader (Smuggler General John Shepard) for general class branch training and to Major Bren Durron for Squadron/Platoon assignment. Squadrons will act as your home within your home and help acclimate you to guild life and try to answer any questions you may have.

Also, we foster an Open Door Policy here at the Army of Light. Should you ever have a question or difficulty, or simply need to talk over an issue, please send me a PM here on the Forums.

Best of luck to you.

Warmest regards,
Grand Master Jephos Mispir
Founder of the Army of Light
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
Coddy Lightcloud
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Coddy Lightcloud

Character Sheet
Name: Coddy Lightcloud
Advanced Class: Jedi Sage
RP Title: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:40 am

Congratulations Misnod, we could always have more smugglers.
Back to top Go down
http://kaicoddy.webs.com
Korvus Starlight
Commander
Commander
Korvus Starlight

Character Sheet
Name: Korvus Starlight
Advanced Class: Sentinel
RP Title: Master

PostSubject: Re: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:46 am

Another Smuggler to the roster. Welcome to the AL.
Back to top Go down
Ermac Scorpion
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Ermac Scorpion

Character Sheet
Name: Ermac Scorpion
Advanced Class: Trooper commando
RP Title: Squad leader

PostSubject: Re: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:57 am

hehe grats
Back to top Go down
Tal Core Starknite
Sergeant
Sergeant
Tal Core Starknite

Location : Where the the week need strength, and a friend needs help

Character Sheet
Name: Tal Core Starknite
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight
RP Title: 4

PostSubject: Re: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:01 pm

Good job bro!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Thank you all very much.
Back to top Go down
Cormac Darjay
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Cormac Darjay

Character Sheet
Name: Cormac Darjay
Advanced Class: Vanguard
RP Title: Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 7:23 pm

Good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.thearmyoflightswtor.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Misnod's Application (Approved)   Misnod's Application (Approved) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Misnod's Application (Approved)
Page 1 of 1