The Army of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Forums of the Army of Light.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This Forum is Now De-Commissioned. Please Register at the New, Enhanced Forums at: www.thearmyoflightswtor.forumotion.com . Thank you.

Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)

Go down 
+8
Tal Core Starknite
Athrus Logan
Jephos Mispir
Cormac Darjay
Aiden
Nic Beirland
Jando Vek
Vladimir Struganov
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vladimir Struganov
Private First Class
Private First Class
Vladimir Struganov

Character Sheet
Name: Vladimir Struganov
Advanced Class: Trooper
RP Title: 4

Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Empty
PostSubject: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:50 pm

One thing you should know before i begin my application: My first language isn't english, so please don't look too much at the grammar.

1. Character Name (this will be your name on the site and forums):
Vladimir Struganov (yes, i like russian names)

2a. Class (Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight, Smuggler, or Trooper):
Trooper

2b. Advanced Class (if decided):
Vanguard

3. Please describe your knowledge of Star Wars? The more detailed the better, please:
I have watched all the movies (including some fan made) and have read alot of comics.
I also played alot of star wars games or games that closely resemble star wars.
So i know alot about it, but this is it as i don't know what specific information you want to hear from me.

4. Please tell us about your other guild/MMO experiences. If there is more than one guild/experience, please include all of them. If you left your last guild, please tell us why you decided to leave. If you have used more than one name, please list them all.
-Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies): The resistance
-Game: Garry's mod terminator rp (a bit of information: gmod is a modification for half-life 2 which allows you to play a sandbox game and do everything you want with a spawn menu and several tools, you can also download mods for it as new models, tools or gamemodes etc.
This was a gamemode called terminator rp which puts you in the time of the movie terminator salvation where every surviving human has to fight for their lives.
This gamemode is pure rp)
-Name: Vladimir Struganov
-Level: no leveling included, you just had to rely on your own gaming skills
-Server: Terminator rp server
-Class: no classes included
-Race: Human
I know this is not what you expected, but i assure you it is rp.

5. What type of role do you wish to take within the guild? How do you plan to be active? Please be specific.
I want to be a trooper not too high in rank (no general or so).
My trooper will be a tank (damage absorber) who fights in the front lines and will give his live, to protect the innocent and serve the light side, if neccesary.
He will mostly be found in trench battles and big warzones.
I'll be active with fighting and thinking of good tactical plans

6. Why do you feel the Army of Light is a good fit for you?
Because i always experienced the game the best if there was a good immersion in the game.
That immersion is delivered at it's best at (serious) rp groups.

7. What do you expect of the guild? Please be specific.
I expect it to be a experience in the old republic that differs from the main game as mmorpg's are not always focusing on serious rp'ers, but more on casual gamers.
I also expect a nice community and a good ranking system, because i like order and not a chaotic guild were nothing is done to maintain a good rp experience.

8. Age (Must be 16+):16 years old. (will already be 17 when the game is released)

9. Time Zone: GMT+1

10.Role-Play experience/expectations. Can you give us some examples of Role-Playing you have participated in before. When it comes to expectations, give us an example of what would be fun to participate in, what you are looking for, etc.
as for the terminator rp i mentioned above, here is a event that took place in the server:
It was a normal day, me with some others patrolling around the base and on the lookout for possible threads.
The unarmed survivors inside the base (which once was a underground parking garage), also protected by resistance members. But then in the horizon a group of flying drones appeared and immidiatly everyone was ordered to fall back, i was ordered with our patrol group to protect the citizen hideout inside the base, while others defended the front lines.
A few minutes of echoing gunfire later i saw the defenders fall back, some running some carrying wounded, and we already set up defensive line of cover made out of junk (cars, plating from non working vehicles, metal doors, etc) and a stationary m249.
a half hour of fighting we finally retreated and a few of us got out alive. (most uarmed survivors and a group of around 15 armed survivors) We set up base somewhere on a new location.

What would be fun for me to participate in are trench battles and big warzones as mentioned somewhere above.

11. How can you benefit and help the guild? Please include any skills or talents you have that you would
enjoy doing within the guild. How have you helped your previous guild(s), if you have previous experience?

I am a experienced shooter player so i can handle the guns, i also have a steady mouse hand and fast reflexes to help our guild and to be a worthy trooper.
I am also a exellent rp'er in any way.

12. How do you define a quality member?
A member who is loyal to the guild, he doesn't have to be a good player, but he just has to be loyal.
With loyal i mean following the rules and rp'ing in the right way.

13. How did you find the Army of Light? Did someone recruit you? If so, please let us know who.
Via the official star wars the old republic site while looking for a good rp guild.

14a.Have you visited our website and chat room, and familiarized yourself with the, Charter, Mission Statement, and Rules of Conduct? (You must answer in the affirmative and please prove that you have)
Yes, i read through all the rules and know it's a rp guild and i should not act as if it were not rp.

14b. Do you pledge to fulfill them, most notably to uphold the virtues of Maturity, Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama?
Sure, you have my word.

14c. The Army of Light wishes to have members who take the concept of Commitment and Loyalty very seriously. By applying and if accepted, you are taking an Oath to both the guild and your guild-mates here. Is this something to which you can commit?
Yes i can, i will not betray and i will not act like what the guild doesn't want.

15. Would you say that you embody the qualities of Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity? What are your definitions of these four words? Please don’t just answer yes or no, let us know why you think you possess these qualities.
Respect: I definitely have respect for others as i am not a rude person.
Honor: I will do what i have to do.
Loyalty: I won't betray.
Maturity: I use mature language and will not use any language that is offensive to others.

16. Tell us about a time you offered assistance to someone who did not ask for it but clearly needed it. If you have never had this experience, tell us what you would do if faced with that situation?
I can't remember a situation clearly, but i will certainly help as i am a helpfull person, but there is a bad side to it. Sometimes i am too helpfull and forget about myself.

17. Role-play Scenario (please tell us how you would handle the situation): You are leading a group of 3 others through a forest on a remote moon to destroy an enemy communications relay. Up ahead in a clearing, you happen to spot a small Sith camp. Your group has not yet been spotted by the enemy. You are reasonably well supplied for your mission, including armaments. The clearing containing the Sith camp is not necessarily in your direct path to reach your original mission objective. Attacking the camp could alert the guards at the relay. However, attacking the relay without first dealing with the camp could mean enemy reinforcements from the camp. What do you do?
I would order my squad to put the weapons on safe or atleast finger off the trigger.
Then i would go past the camp directly to the relay and first i would observe it from a distance to see any pattern of guards patrolling it.
Then i would choose a place and time where to intrude and use only silenced weapons or melee weapons to lay down the guards (other team member as i am a tank) and hide the bodies (if possible), then i would make a escape route with my squad and order one guy to hack the computer and leave a big bomb there to destroy it. Then once escaped and the sith are alerted and searching around and in the relay i would trigger the bomb.

18. In more than 50 but less than 200 words, please describe your personal character and the type of person you are (We wish to get a good feel of the type of person that will be becoming a part
of our guild family - a very important question!)

I'm a very patient and perfectionistic person. Well, in most things i want everything to be perfect.
i'm also smart, even tough i say that myself. (i hate saying good things about myself, because then i think that i sound very selfisch (in other words, i actually think i sound like "I'm the best person and you guys suck"))
That's maybe a good part of me (the stuff above there between the brackets) or a bad part, because i doubt everything, which can be good for not falling for anything, but also getting a bad image of myself or others.
I am also very helpfull, both in game and in real life. That can differ from helping people in really bad situations to giving away my last cookie to another person.
I am also very handy with computers, if you want your pc fixed, come to me.
I also have a good sense for humor, but it is mostly some sort of joking around, making the joke up as you tell it. and sometimes i'm just very random in my jokes.
And last, but not least: i like gaming alot, i play loads of games of any kind. (exept child and girl games)

19. Tell us a little about your in-game character
-Character Name: Vladimir Struganov

-Character Physical/Mental Features: My character is very calm, patient and cares alot about others (i like a little bit of me in my characters).
He is a very tough person, both mentally and physically, altough he is not a strong person. He can take hits, but cant really strike back, that's why he counts on his gun and not on melee, altough he counts on melee if it is in stealth, but otherwise he would choose for his gun.

-Character Biography:
##Trooper-id: 313 personal log - 342##
date: unknown

"What makes a trooper a good trooper is when he will stand and fight even if the chances are near to zero" -sergeant David Green - infantry batallion 547

My name is Vladimir Strugnov, trooper at heart.
I am currently on a unknown planet and we barely have enough supplies to hold out against the forces of evil.
I must make haste as they are quickly co... *screen stayes black*

##End##

After that he was found by a group of jedi's and they transported him to a nearby medical setup.
He was unconscious and when he waked his memory was wiped.
He now only remembers his name, motto and that he is lucky to be alive
He was brougth to The army of light to recover and they re-trained him to be a vanguard and to protect everyone against the sith empire.
Not much is known about him, but that he serves The army of light to protect and, if neccesary, gives his life for it.
This is because he is a very quiet person who keeps most things for himself, but is actually very smart, but that is not known to all.

20. What is your registered user name on swtor.com? (Please note that you should have applied at our Guild HQ as a part of this Application process by this point.)
-BountyHunter- (normally i go by Bounty_Hunter, but it was already taken and since i cant use numerals i had to take that name)

Last edited by Vladimir Struganov on Wed May 11, 2011 10:47 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jando Vek
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Jando Vek

Character Sheet
Name: Jando Vek
Advanced Class: Vanguard
RP Title: Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:52 pm

You should change your forum name to your character name, it makes everything easier. Good luck
Back to top Go down
Vladimir Struganov
Private First Class
Private First Class
Vladimir Struganov

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:56 pm

Done, changed my name.
Back to top Go down
Nic Beirland
Sergeant
Sergeant
Nic Beirland

Character Sheet
Name: Nic Beirland
Advanced Class: Knight

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Jando Vek wrote:
You should change your forum name to your character name, it makes everything easier. Good luck
I think he meant the name of the thread
Back to top Go down
Vladimir Struganov
Private First Class
Private First Class
Vladimir Struganov

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Stupid me... forgot to change that, well whatever he meant, i think those changes will do both good.
Back to top Go down
Jando Vek
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Jando Vek

Character Sheet
Name: Jando Vek
RP Title: Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:06 pm

Well, both really, should have been more specific. Very good now
Back to top Go down
Aiden
Corporal
Corporal
Aiden

Character Sheet
Name: Dharkone

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:07 pm

Good to meet you vladamir. Everything sounds good. Gave you ever played any MMORPGs. i.e. WoW, Everquest, Ultima online? You seem to be very eager and mature for your age. I hope you make it in.
Back to top Go down
Vladimir Struganov
Private First Class
Private First Class
Vladimir Struganov

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:11 pm

I never played a mmorpg as the monthly payment wasn't worth my money, but for this game it is.
Back to top Go down
Cormac Darjay
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Cormac Darjay

Character Sheet
Name: Cormac Darjay
RP Title: Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:23 pm

Two Troopers within a week? Dang, we doin' good!! Very Happy VERY good app, I hope you get in, and welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thearmyoflightswtor.com

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:50 am

Alright, another trooper! Vanguard no less! I don't need a hokey religion to foresee your approval. Here's hoping we see a lot more of each other. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General
Jephos Mispir

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:07 am

Greetings Vladimir,

Your Application is now Under Review by the Recruitment Council. You will receive a reply shortly, typically within 48-72 hours.

Thank you for your interest in The Army of Light.

Warmest regards,
Grand Master Jephos Mispir
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
Athrus Logan
Recruit
Athrus Logan

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:11 pm

Nice to meet you Vladimir.

A really nice application, and I really like the message you send in your Bio. But it somehow reminds me of a Horror-Thriller Wink What is not bad, more good because I like that kind of movies Very Happy

Anyway, Welcome on the Board.
Back to top Go down
Vladimir Struganov
Private First Class
Private First Class
Vladimir Struganov

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:16 pm

I like horrors too...
And i combined it with a little bit of science-fiction and voila there you have it.
Back to top Go down
Vladimir Struganov
Private First Class
Private First Class
Vladimir Struganov

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Mike Fossum wrote:
Alright, another trooper! Vanguard no less! I don't need a hokey religion to foresee your approval. Here's hoping we see a lot more of each other. Cheers!
Hey, maybe we could make a squad together.
If you would like that offcourse. (and if the leaders approve)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Vladimir Struganov wrote:
Mike Fossum wrote:

We actually already have squads, you should be assigned to one once you're a full member.
Back to top Go down
Vladimir Struganov
Private First Class
Private First Class
Vladimir Struganov

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:35 pm

Mike Fossum wrote:
Vladimir Struganov wrote:
Mike Fossum wrote:

We actually already have squads, you should be assigned to one once you're a full member.
Oh... my fault.
So there is no choice, you'll just be assigned to one, that's what you mean?
Not that i dissaprove offcourse.
Back to top Go down
Tal Core Starknite
Sergeant
Sergeant
Tal Core Starknite

Location : Where the the week need strength, and a friend needs help

Character Sheet
Name: Tal Core Starknite
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:36 pm

Good luck there my man.
Back to top Go down
isaiahzsa
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
isaiahzsa

Character Sheet
Name: Isaiahzsa
Advanced Class: trooper
RP Title: Solari 1 Actual

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:00 pm

Well yes you will be assigned to one. However you could ask general Bren to be put in a particular squad. Of corse he could decline it, but you could try. If you need anything PM me Smile
Back to top Go down
Gole_Liath
Sergeant
Sergeant
Gole_Liath

Character Sheet
Name: Gole Liath
Advanced Class: Shadow
RP Title: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Good luck with the application Vladimir, I agree that your application shows time and focus beyond your age!
Back to top Go down
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General
Jephos Mispir

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 3:33 am

Greetings Vladimir,

Your Application has been Approved pending your successful inclusion and answer of Question 20 (what is your registered TOR name).

After that...

Your next step upon the Path is to pass your Trial Membership.

You will need to:
- Post 15 meaningful posts on the Forums
- Post an Introduction of yourself (RP) on the Forums
- Create a registered Forums profile, complete with avatar and SW:TOR contact name
- Obtain an avatar for use in our Xat chats (primary room is our Citadel Chat)
- While in chat, make your name [AL]Recruit Vladimir Struganov
- Re-familiarize yourself with the Guild Rules, with emphasis on Core Values and RP atmosphere
- Register with the guild on the SW:TOR site at http://www.swtor.com/guilds/5501/army-light

After you have been here a minimum of 1 week and have done all the aforementioned, you must then interview with myself, Supreme Master Caliber Mispir, or General Bren Durron to pass into Full Membership.

With that successfully completed, you will report to the Trooper branch leaders (General Bren Durron or Lt. Colonel Berto) for general class branch training and to General Bren Durron or Master Vyynn Randos for Squadron/Platoon assignment. Squadrons will act as your home within your home and help acclimate you to guild life and try to answer any questions you may have.

You will also wish to visit these Forums frequently, as much of our information is passed through this medium including news, polls, debate, etc.

In addition, we foster an Open Door Policy here at the Army of Light. Should you ever have a question or difficulty, or simply need to talk over an issue, please send me a PM here on the Forums.

Best of luck to you.

Warmest regards,
Grand Master Jephos Mispir
Founder of the Army of Light
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
Nic Beirland
Sergeant
Sergeant
Nic Beirland

Character Sheet
Name: Nic Beirland
Advanced Class: Knight

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:18 am

Congratulations Vladimir and welcome to the AL
Back to top Go down
Korvus Starlight
Commander
Commander
Korvus Starlight

Character Sheet
Name: Korvus Starlight
Advanced Class: Sentinel
RP Title: Master

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:16 am

Welcome to the AL Vlad
Back to top Go down
Vladimir Struganov
Private First Class
Private First Class
Vladimir Struganov

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:57 am

Yes... i made it trough!!! (i am a little bit too exited)
Sorry jephos mispir, i accidently didn't copy question 19 and 20... dunno why tough, will fill in immidiatly.

EDIT:
Fixed, question 19 and 20 are there now.
Back to top Go down
Tal Core Starknite
Sergeant
Sergeant
Tal Core Starknite

Location : Where the the week need strength, and a friend needs help

Character Sheet
Name: Tal Core Starknite
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Good job.
Back to top Go down
Gole_Liath
Sergeant
Sergeant
Gole_Liath

Character Sheet
Name: Gole Liath
Advanced Class: Shadow
RP Title: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:27 am

Congratulations Vladimir, welcome to The Army of Light.

I'm just now working through all of the initiate tasks, so shoot me a PM if you need a hand!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)   Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vladimir Struganov's Application (Approved)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next