The Army of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Forums of the Army of Light.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This Forum is Now De-Commissioned. Please Register at the New, Enhanced Forums at: www.thearmyoflightswtor.forumotion.com . Thank you.

Hyrin's Application (Accepted)

Go down 
+5
Ludwig VanCover
Coddy Lightcloud
Jephos Mispir
Korvus Starlight
Hyrin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hyrin
Private
Private
Hyrin

Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Empty
PostSubject: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:15 am

1. Character Name (this will be your name on the site and forums):* Hyrin

2. Class (Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight, Smuggler, or Trooper):* Trooper

3. Please describe your knowledge of Star Wars? The more detailed the better, please: * My Star Wars experience started when I was about 6 with my uncle buying me the three originals for the VCR. I was completely sucked in, and can't even imagine how much time I spent watching those movies. Whenever there was a rainy day, or no friends around, I would always pop in the Star Wars movies, so needless to say, Star Wars became a huge part of my childhood. When I was around 11 or 12, I found this insane new video game called "Star Wars Galaxies" and my mind imploded. It was just to good to be true for me, I was able to "live" the world that I spent so much time watching. I spent a good four years playing Galaxies, and through RP (although I was terrible at it) I began to learn the little things about the Star Wars universe. The Hutts, the Empire, the Rebellion, the weaponry, I gobbled up just about every little piece of info I could on the universe. After four years of playing Galaxies on and off, I let my account run out for the last time, but those times had my hands down most memorable Star Wars experiences to this very day.

My next big interest in Star Wars began with me finding about SWTOR in late '08. When I saw that a new Star Wars MMO was out I was psyched and began playing through the KOTOR series trying to learn more about the pre-empire era that I knew barely anything about. I still need to finish the KOTOR series, but due to incompatibility issues its been difficult.

4. Please tell us about your other guild/MMO experiences. If there is more than one guild/experience, please include all of them. If you left your last guild, please tell us why you decided to leave. If you have used more than one name, please list them all.*

Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies): Imperial Loyalists.The whole guild fell apart because the incumbent leader refused to give up his role even though he no longer had the time to devote to the guild.
-Game: SWG
-Name: Kalip
-Level: 90
-Server: FarStar
-Class: Commando, Smuggler, BH. (I spent way to much money on respecs.)
-Race: Human

Guild Name: Champions of Mandalore. I left the guild after over a year of membership due to instability and leadership issues. After staying with the guild through bad times server times before, I had enough of the drama and little fights that kept appearing.
-Game: SWTOR pre-launch
-Name: A'den Kyr'amur
-Level:
-Server:
-Class:
-Race:

Guild Name: Genesis. Guild slowly drifted apart.
-Game: Age of Conan and later on Warhammer Online.
-Name: Rabbits, Solicio, Yammy.
-Level: In Warhammer I had a few mid 30's characters, and Age of Conan I got to mid 60's.
-Server: Cimmeria in AoC, I don't remember the name of the server in Warhammer, but it was a RP-PvP server.
-Class: Marauder, Warrior Priest, Ranger.
-Race: Human

5. What type of role do you wish to take within the guild? How do you plan to be active? Please be specific.* I'm not 100% sure what role I'm going to take in the guild, because SWTOR is not out yet, and from reading the recruitment thread the Academy is not currently open. However, I'm pretty flexible and can go where I'm needed. I plan to be active by spending time on Ventrillo and surfing/posting on the forums.

6. Why do you feel the Army of Light is a good fit for you?* AL seems pretty laid back and chill, but with an underlying structure that keeps people active and in line. AL also seems to be pretty stable to me, which I consider a major plus.

7. What do you expect of the guild? Please be specific.* I expect to find some like-minded people who like to have fun but play in a mature manner as well.

8. Age* (Must be 16+ - only truly exceptional Applications from sub-16 year olds will be considered): I'm 16, 17 on the 30th though.

9. Time Zone:* Eastern

10.Role-Play experience/expectations. Can you give us some examples of Role-Playing you have participated in before. When it comes to expectations, give us an example of what would be fun to participate in, what you are looking for, etc.* In IMPL I RP'ed a Stormtrooper in game. We had some "Operations" and the such where we would fight as a Platoon or a Squad against mobs. In CoM I used to participate in the forum RP's. I found that it was pretty fun, but I prefer in-game RP a lot more. If you want, I can try and get some examples of what I wrote, but no gaurentees because I don't think the forums are still up and I've reformatted several times since I left.

11. How can you benefit and help the guild? Please include any skills or talents you have that you would
enjoy doing within the guild. How have you helped your previous guild(s), if you have previous experience?* One of my favorite aspects of any game is the PvP, so I'm definatly going to be putting time into figuring out the inns and outs of Trooper when the game launches, and I would be sure to post any findings to help out fellow members. Aside from that, I'm fairly good at putting together tutorials and fixing computer issues.

12. How do you define a quality member?* I define a quality member as someone who keeps their head out of trouble, doesn't cause drama, and contributes to the guild if they at all can

13. How did you find the Army of Light? Did someone recruit you? If so, please let us know who.* I found AL through the SWTOR recruitment thread.

14a.Have you visited our website and chat room, and familiarized yourself with the, Charter, Mission Statement, and Rules of Conduct? (You must answer in the affirmative and please prove that you have)* When I clicked on the Chat link in Grand Master Jephos Mispir's sig on the forums, I was taken to a page under construction page, so I'm guessing that chat is down. I looked around the forums and the recruitment thread, but couldn't find any mention of a Charter. I did find the behavior expectations though. I like the expectation of maturity, the spamming rules, and the accountability. The language restrictions will be a bit of a challenge for me, but I'll be sure not to let it slip.

14b. Do you pledge to fulfill them, most notably to uphold the virtues of Maturity, Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama?* I do, if I believed in God I'd put my hand on the bible, but instead I'll have to make due with "The Return of the Jedi". One of the biggest things I look for in a guild is stability, and the virtues that you listed above are a great recipe for stability.

14c. The Army of Light wishes to have members who take the concept of Commitment and Loyalty very seriously. By applying and if accepted, you are taking an Oath to both the guild and your guild-mates here. Is this something to which you can commit?
Yes.

15. Would you say that you embody the qualities of Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity? What are your definitions of these four words? Please don’t just answer yes or no, let us know why you think you possess these qualities.* To me Respect means that you keep your mouth shut instead of blurting out stupid things, remaining polite at all times no matter who you are speaking to. Honor to me means don't be a dick. If someone needs help with something, help them out, if you have the chance to turn on somebody, don't. Honor to me really means follow the Golden Rule when I think about it. Loyalty to me means when things start to go South, don't jump ship at the first opportunity. If the times are rough, deal with it, and if after dealing for a while and you are no longer happy where you are, your good to bail. Maturity and Honor, and respect for that matter, seem to be interlinking now that I'm getting to Maturity. To me maturity means following the guidelines that you set for Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and whatever good values you feel like tacking on. I wholeheartedly believe that I at least strive to obtain those qualities. I'm very Loyal, I've stayed through guilds during many a hard time, I respect others opinions even when I don't agree, and I would like to consider myself mature and honorable, but its sorta hard to judge those characteristics in yourself.

16. Tell us about a time you offered assistance to someone who did not ask for it but clearly needed it. If you have never had this experience, tell us what you would do if faced with that situation? The most recent time that I helped someone who was in need was earlier today at the gym. Some really scrawny kid was trying to bench 135 pounds, and needless to say it didn't go over so well, and he was just sorta chilling there with the bar on his chest. I came over and helped him get up, told him to ask me for a spot if hes going to bench in the future, and directed him towards the machines where he doesn't have to worry about killing himself if he can't get it up.

17. Role-play Scenario (please tell us how you would handle the situation): You are leading a group of 3 others through a forest on a remote moon to destroy an enemy communications relay. Up ahead in a clearing, you happen to spot a small Sith camp. Your group has not yet been spotted by the enemy. You are reasonably well supplied for your mission, including armaments. The clearing containing the Sith camp is not necessarily in your direct path to reach your original mission objective. Attacking the camp could alert the guards at the relay. However, attacking the relay without first dealing with the camp could mean enemy reinforcements from the camp. What do you do? I'm always up for a bigger fight, the more baddies the better. So I would probably bypass them and trust that the men/women I'm with know how to handle themselves and can take on a few more baddies.

18. In more than 50 but less than 200 words, please describe your personal character and the type of person you are (We wish to get a good feel of the type of person that will be becoming a part
of our guild family - a very important question!)* Man, you guys are really into personal integrity. I'm a pretty average and chill person. I like to hang around, play games, and just have a good time. The characteristics that I value the most are Courage, Honor, Commitment. I have trouble making bad choices, because I always feel wicked bad after, and I'm a sucker for happy endings. I try not to judge people, and if I do I generally keep it in my head. I hate drama with a passion. I have a bit of a "dirty" mouth, but like I said before, I'll do my best to keep it off the mic/keyboard. RP isn't my absolute strongest point, but I find that RP communities are some of the most enjoyable communities to be a part of, so I try my best.

19. Tell us a little about your in-game character*
-Character Name: Hyrin
-Character Physical/Mental Features: Hyrin's a softy at the core, but Hyrin has no problem dealing with evil dudes or dudetts.
-Character Biography: I haven't fully fleshed out Hyrins Bio, I need to get in contact with the old Guild Leader from CoM to see if I can get access to the forum backups so I can find the Bio that I spent a ton of time on. Until then, I'll give you a basic outline.

Homework: Coruscant
Family: Lower middle class family, father works at a durasteel factory.
Early life: Hyrin spent most of his early life like any other person, in school, wishing to be out of school. After graduating Hyrin joined the Republic Military and served a rather uneventful enlistment. Frustrated at not seeing any fighting, Hyrin joined a Mercenary band and gained combat experience through them. Through a series of events, Hyrin became associated with a group of Mandolorians, and although he never was adopted, he learned their ways. With the situation between the Empire and the Republic escalating, Hyrin re-enlisted in the Republic Military, and ended up as a Trooper.

20. What is your registered user name on swtor.com?* Theroastedtoast
Back to top Go down
Korvus Starlight
Commander
Commander
Korvus Starlight

Character Sheet
Name: Korvus Starlight
Advanced Class: Sentinel
RP Title: Master

PostSubject: Re: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:08 am

Hmmm... Browsed your app and it looks good. The only thing I would recommend would be giving your character a last name.
Back to top Go down
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General
Jephos Mispir

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:26 am

Greetings Hyrin,

Your Application has been Approved.

The next step is to pass your Trial Membership.

You will need to:
- Post 15 meaningful posts on the Forums
- Post an Introduction of yourself (RP) on the Forums
- Create a registered Forums profile, complete with avatar
- Obtain an avatar for use in our xat chats
- While in chat, make your name [AL]Recruit Hyrin
- Register with the guild on the SW:TOR site at http://www.swtor.com/guilds/5501/army-light (if you use a different TOR name then what you are known by here, please let the GM know)

After you have been here 1 week and have done the aforementioned, you must then interview with myself or Supreme Master Caliber Mispir to pass into Full Membership.

With that successfully completed, you will report to the Trooper branch leaders (Colonel Helbin Perez and Lt. Colonel Berto) for general class branch training and to Major Bren Durron for Squadron/Platoon assignment. Squadrons will act as your home within your home and help acclimate you to guild life and try to answer any questions you may have.

Best of luck to you.

Warmest regards,
Grand Master Jephos Mispir
Founder of the Army of Light
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
Coddy Lightcloud
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Coddy Lightcloud

Character Sheet
Name: Coddy Lightcloud
Advanced Class: Jedi Sage
RP Title: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:05 am

Welcome to the guild mate, good luck on your trial and hope you become a valuable member to the guild.
Back to top Go down
http://kaicoddy.webs.com
Hyrin
Private
Private
Hyrin

PostSubject: Re: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:22 am

Thanks for having me, I applied to the guild on the TOR forums, my name there is Theroastedtoast. Also, I must be looking over something really obvious, but I've looked for a good 20 minutes and I can't find the Army of Light XAT chat. I went to the XAT site as well, but I didn't see any search feature. When I manually tried to connection to AL, I had no luck, and the only success I got was some Halo clan. I saw some mention of a chat button on thearmyoflight.com, but when I tried to connect the website was down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:04 pm

You can use this link for Xat http://xat.com/web_gear/chat/go_large.php?id=85294455 It will open a seperate window for you

Welcome to AL

Huggs...Rhaven
Back to top Go down
Korvus Starlight
Commander
Commander
Korvus Starlight

Character Sheet
Name: Korvus Starlight
Advanced Class: Sentinel
RP Title: Master

PostSubject: Re: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Ludwig VanCover
General
General
Ludwig VanCover

Character Sheet
Name: Ludwig VanCover
Advanced Class: Jedi Consular - Sage
RP Title: Master Councilor

PostSubject: Re: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Congrats! Can't wait to formally met you in xat!
Back to top Go down
http://www.officialguilds-swtor.co.cc
Biwtiful
Recruit
Biwtiful

Character Sheet
Name: Biwtiful
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight
RP Title: 4

PostSubject: Re: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:30 pm

congratulation! and welcome!
Back to top Go down
Tal Core Starknite
Sergeant
Sergeant
Tal Core Starknite

Location : Where the the week need strength, and a friend needs help

Character Sheet
Name: Tal Core Starknite

PostSubject: Re: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Good job, hope to see you in chat or something.
Back to top Go down
Coddy Lightcloud
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Coddy Lightcloud

Character Sheet
Name: Coddy Lightcloud
Advanced Class: Jedi Sage
RP Title: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Hyrin wrote:
Thanks for having me, I applied to the guild on the TOR forums, my name there is Theroastedtoast. Also, I must be looking over something really obvious, but I've looked for a good 20 minutes and I can't find the Army of Light XAT chat. I went to the XAT site as well, but I didn't see any search feature. When I manually tried to connection to AL, I had no luck, and the only success I got was some Halo clan. I saw some mention of a chat button on thearmyoflight.com, but when I tried to connect the website was down.

The main website is currently getting an upgrade, use the link Rhaven has provided.
Back to top Go down
http://kaicoddy.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Welcome to the Army. Good to see another trooper, we need more. Hope you have a good time here.

Check out the trooper forum when you get the chance!
Back to top Go down
Lanhi Weall
Private
Private
Lanhi Weall

Character Sheet
Name: Lanhi Weall

PostSubject: Re: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 am

Congrats man!!
Good to see a trooper I hope I get a chance to fight along side you one day.
Back to top Go down
Tal Core Starknite
Sergeant
Sergeant
Tal Core Starknite

Location : Where the the week need strength, and a friend needs help

Character Sheet
Name: Tal Core Starknite

PostSubject: Re: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:55 pm

Good job.
Back to top Go down
Ermac Scorpion
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Ermac Scorpion

Character Sheet
Name: Ermac Scorpion
Advanced Class: Trooper commando
RP Title: Squad leader

PostSubject: Re: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:08 pm

another trooper welcome to AL recruit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyrin's Application (Accepted)   Hyrin's Application (Accepted) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hyrin's Application (Accepted)
Page 1 of 1