The Army of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Forums of the Army of Light.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This Forum is Now De-Commissioned. Please Register at the New, Enhanced Forums at: www.thearmyoflightswtor.forumotion.com . Thank you.

Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)

Go down 
+11
Tal Core Starknite
Rajanikant
Ven Ziloy
Korvus Starlight
Gole_Liath
Coddy Lightcloud
Jephos Mispir
Cargus Andzap
Traxex Wraw
Cormac Darjay
Mike J Scott
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike J Scott
Private First Class
Private First Class
Mike J Scott

Character Sheet
Name: M_J_Scott
Advanced Class: Vanguard
RP Title: 4

Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Empty
PostSubject: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 5:59 pm

*=Required

1. Character Name (this will be your name on the site and forums):*
My character’s name is Mike J Scott.

2a. Primary Class (Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight, Smuggler, or Trooper):*
My primary class will be Trooper.

2b. Advanced Class (if decided):*
My advanced class will be Vanguard.

3. Please describe your knowledge of Star Wars? The more detailed the better, please: *
I have watched all of the Star wars Episodes and Clone Wars movies and animations I could get my hands on; which includes Episodes one through six, the Clone Wars volume one and two, and about eighty percent of the new Star Wars Clone Wars TV series. I have read several novels outside of the movies, TV series, and cartoons such as Star Wars Republic Commando Hard Contact, SW Republic Commando Triple Zero, several of the Star Wars Legacy novels, and many more. On top of all that, my dad was and still is a big Star Wars fan and so I’ve been raised liking Star Wars.

4. Please tell us about your other guild/MMO experiences. If there is more than one guild/experience, please include all of them. If you left your last guild, please tell us why you decided to leave. If you have used more than one name, please list them all.*
Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies):
-Game: DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online)
-Name:
Knights of the Good
-Level:
Currently (as of 6-10-2011) they are at level 57 and 75% of the way to level 58.
-Server:
Khyber
-Class:
Currently I have a level 10 fighter (Silithia), a level 10 Wizard (Zizivorro), and my main character, a level 17 Cleric (Silvinaer). Silvinaer is a True Reincarnate which means she has went through all 20 levels and is “redoing” them. Her first life was a Rogue and the advanced class she took, also known as, prestige enhancement was Assassin. All of them are in Knights of the Good.
-Race:
Silithia’s race is Elf and a female. Zizivorro’s race is Drow Elf and a male. Silvinaer’s race is Elf and a female.

5. What type of role do you wish to take within the guild? How do you plan to be active? Please be specific.*

The role I wish to take in the guild would be something like a Squad Leader, where I have some authority and men under me, but not being the “big dog” such as the Commandant of the Marine Corps where you are the total leader, and no one is above in that branch of service.

6. Why do you feel the
Army of Light is a good fit for you?*

I feel that the Army of Light is a good fit for me because it’s something that I would enjoy and do well in. I like the fact that there are so many dedicated people serving the Army of Light and I would be the next one in line to serve with dedication and loyalty. Also, with being in USMC JROTC (United States Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps), I have learned to serve with dedication, loyalty, courage, knowledge, and other leadership traits and qualities. From what I see, my personality and person would not only let the Army of Light fit me, but that I would also fit the Army of Light.

7. What do you expect of the guild? Please be specific.*

I expect the guild to be active and rise up in the guild rankings to be the number one. Anything else is failure. The people inside the guild have got to be willing to make that happen as well.

8. Age* (Must be 16+):

My age is 16 as of May 23rd, 2011.

9. Time Zone:*

My time zone is Central time.

10.Role-Play experience/expectations. Can you give us some examples of Role-Playing you have participated in before. When it comes to expectations, give us an example of what would be fun to participate in, what you are looking for, etc.*

The only past Role-Play experience I have is with DDO. Unfortunately, the D&D (Dungeons & Dragons) paper and pen is before my time and is rare to find. Some fun expectations I have for a Role-Play game is that it needs to have fun people to be with and play the game with. I also expect things to be as real-like as possible, because I always get the most fun out of it when it’s real-like.

11. How can you benefit and help the guild? Please include any skills or talents you have that you would enjoy doing within the guild. How have you helped your previous guild(s), if you have previous experience?*

I can benefit the guild by getting the job done right then and there. Whether it’s spreading word of something or completing any other task my officer or superiors want or need me to. Talents that I have are “tanking” and flat-out doing DPS (damage per second) in a party, and complying when guild buddies say they need help in a quest or adventure and I have never let someone down when they are in need or of request.

12. How do you define a quality member?*

I define quality member by how often that member is online, how fast he/she ranks up, how fast he/she levels up, what tasks he/she has accomplished, dependability of the person, the Bearing of that member, and the quality of his/her track record and everything that member has done. The reason I don’t care what they’ve said is because words are nothing if you don’t back them up.

13. How did you find the
Army of Light? Did someone recruit you? If so, please let us know who.*

I found the Army of Light by scrolling through the long lists of guilds on the SWTOR website and I wanted to be apart of a guild that has many members and seems like they’d be successful.

14a.Have you visited our website and chat room, and familiarized yourself with the, Charter, Mission Statement, and Rules of Conduct? (You must answer in the affirmative and please prove that you have)*

I have visited your website, and very frequently too. I have registered and was given an account in the guild under the name of Mike J Scott, my witnesses to my visits are SSGT (Staff Sergeant) Jando Vek, GySGT (Gunnery Sergeant) Cormac Darjay, PVT (Private) Hyrin, and High General Master Jephos Mispir. I am not sure of which Rules of Conduct you request, but I have read registering terms of agreement and the main thing that I to agree to was maturity, I must always be mature and hold a high standard of maturity.

14b. Do you pledge to fulfill them, most notably to uphold the virtues of Maturity, Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama?*

I do pledge to fulfill them most notably. I will hold a high standard of Maturity, Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and I will make no action of Drama.

14c. The
Army of Light wishes to have members who take the concept of Commitment and Loyalty very seriously. By applying and if accepted, you are taking an Oath to both the guild and your guild-mates here. Is this something to which you can commit?

I have taken Oath to those concepts and qualities to an organization before and I do take an Oath to the Army of Light of the concepts of Commitment and Loyalty.

15. Would you say that you embody the qualities of Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity? What are your definitions of these four words? Please don’t just answer yes or no, let us know why you think you possess these qualities.*

The qualities of Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity are not to be played around with. -Respect is how well of a person someone thinks you are and is gained by actions and your Bearing.
-Honor is a very similar to Respect, which is a great recognition, great privilege, and is make by uprightness of ones character and integrity.

-Loyalty is being faithful to something or someone, even though the circumstances may be great and difficult.

-Maturity is being appropriate, respectful, and mindful of what a person says and does.

16. Tell us about a time you offered assistance to someone who did not ask for it but clearly needed it. If you have never had this experience, tell us what you would do if faced with that situation?

In my experience, I have been in parties where we have no healer and are trying to get through a quest, but are having a very tough time getting the job done, so I will go and log on as my Cleric (healer), Silvinaer and rejoin that same party to help them out and get through it.

17. Role-play Scenario (please tell us how you would handle the situation): You are leading a group of 3 others through a forest on a remote moon to destroy an enemy communications relay. Up ahead in a clearing, you happen to spot a small Sith camp. Your group has not yet been spotted by the enemy. You are reasonably well supplied for your mission, including armaments. The clearing containing the Sith camp is not necessarily in your direct path to reach your original mission objective. Attacking the camp could alert the guards at the relay. However, attacking the relay without first dealing with the camp could mean enemy reinforcements from the camp. What do you do?

I would give the men/women my strategy and battle plan which first, is to get the coordinates of the Sith camp in the clearing, next, go up stealthily to the communications relay and hide from sight, then call in an air strike or some other form of aerial support and have them go to the coordinates of the Sith camp and destroy it and everyone in it. At the same time as the aerial strike, I will take my troops and attack the communications relay.

If there is no aerial support, I would look at the sizes, armament, and readouts of the camp and relay. After I review the information, I will decide which is the most dangerous and heavily armed and attack them by splitting into two teams of two. Each team will move to a side of either the camp or the relay (whichever is most dangerous and heavily armed). Once in position, I will give the command and both teams move inward to the enemy and attack, making a sandwich of the enemy and confusing which way they are being attacked from. This makes it a little bit easier to pick off the enemy and destroy them.

18. In more than 50 but less than 200 words, please describe your personal character and the type of person you are (We wish to get a good feel of the type of person that will be becoming a part
of our guild family - a very important question!)*

I am sixteen years old and am going to be a sophomore in high school this coming august. I am taking full command of a company of 9th graders (the number of people is more around a platoon size though) in USMC JROTC. I am trust worthy and can always be depended upon. Last year I received the National Sojourners Medal for being most patriotic and having great American enthusiasm. I am very loyal and patriotic towards what I believe in and don’t like messing around with those two qualities. I would like to rub some of that loyalty and patriotism into the guild and become loyal and “patriotic” to the Army of Light.

(114 words, including USMC and JROTC as words)

19. Tell us a little about your in-game character*
-Character Name: M_J_Scott
-Character Physical/Mental Features: He is strong, tough, determined will, a male, and on a path to being a Vanguard Trooper and serve alongside diehard soldiers and Jedi to destroy the Sith.
-Character Biography: 29 year old M_J_Scott, who lives on-base with his friends and brother. He goes to the bar occasionally with his buddies and has a good time. Having served a couple of years in the Republic Armed Forces, and when called into duty, he responds with the barrel of his gun towards the enemy of the Republic, ready to cut down the evils in the galaxy with his equipment, strength, moral, courage, honor, and commitment.
20. What is your registered user name on swtor.com?* (Please note that you should have applied at our Guild HQ as a part of this Application process by this point.)

My user name on swtor.com is M_J_Scott.

Thank you for reading my application into the Army of Light.

May the force be with you.

Mike J Scott
Back to top Go down
Cormac Darjay
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Cormac Darjay

Character Sheet
Name: Cormac Darjay
RP Title: Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 7:45 pm

Good app, and good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thearmyoflightswtor.com

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 8:01 pm

Nice App. makes mine look lame Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Traxex Wraw
Commander
Commander
Traxex Wraw

Character Sheet
Name: Traxex Wraw
Advanced Class: Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Good app bro. Hope you get accepted Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike J Scott
Private First Class
Private First Class
Mike J Scott

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks all and lol Trax. I hope I get accepted too:) cya guys around.
Back to top Go down
Cargus Andzap
Private First Class
Private First Class
Cargus Andzap

Character Sheet
Name: Cargus Andzap
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight - Guardian
RP Title: Padwan

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Mike J Scott
Private First Class
Private First Class
Mike J Scott

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 10:55 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Mike J Scott
Private First Class
Private First Class
Mike J Scott

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Anyone have opinions on my strategy for dealing with the Sith camp and communications relay? just wondering Smile
Back to top Go down
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General
Jephos Mispir

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 6:24 am

Greetings Mike,

Your Application is now Under Review by the Recruitment Council. You will received its decision within 72-96 hours.

Thank you for your interest in The Army of Light.

Warmest regards,
High General Jephos Mispir
Founder of The Army of Light
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
Coddy Lightcloud
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Coddy Lightcloud

Character Sheet
Name: Coddy Lightcloud
Advanced Class: Jedi Sage
RP Title: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 6:50 am

Good luck Mike.
Back to top Go down
http://kaicoddy.webs.com
Gole_Liath
Sergeant
Sergeant
Gole_Liath

Character Sheet
Name: Gole Liath
Advanced Class: Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:27 am

Good luck Mike, and Ooh Rah!!
Back to top Go down
Mike J Scott
Private First Class
Private First Class
Mike J Scott

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 7:44 pm

Thanks guys. YOOORAAHHH!!
Back to top Go down
Mike J Scott
Private First Class
Private First Class
Mike J Scott

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 7:45 pm

I'm kind of nervous being a CO though. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Coddy Lightcloud
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Coddy Lightcloud

Character Sheet
Name: Coddy Lightcloud
Advanced Class: Jedi Sage

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 8:34 pm

You'll have to go through NCO school to be granted leadership Mike.
Back to top Go down
http://kaicoddy.webs.com
Mike J Scott
Private First Class
Private First Class
Mike J Scott

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 12:51 am

I don't think so. It's only JROTC man...lol
Back to top Go down
Mike J Scott
Private First Class
Private First Class
Mike J Scott

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 12:52 am

By NCO school, do you mean OCS (Officer Canidate School)?
Back to top Go down
Korvus Starlight
Commander
Commander
Korvus Starlight

Character Sheet
Name: Korvus Starlight
RP Title: Master

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:35 am

Mike J Scott wrote:
By NCO school, do you mean OCS (Officer Canidate School)?
Pretty much. If you want a name that better describes it "Officer Basic Training."
Back to top Go down
Cormac Darjay
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Cormac Darjay

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:02 am

Mike, please stop posting right after another. It is considered spam, and can get your posts removed. Just a friendly advisory.
Back to top Go down
Korvus Starlight
Commander
Commander
Korvus Starlight

Character Sheet
Name: Korvus Starlight
RP Title: Master

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 9:25 am

Cormac Darjay wrote:
Mike, please stop posting right after another. It is considered spam, and can get your posts removed. Just a friendly advisory.
I counted 3 sets of double posting in this thread alone. lol
Back to top Go down
Cormac Darjay
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Cormac Darjay

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 9:31 am

Korvus Starlight wrote:
Cormac Darjay wrote:
I counted 3 sets of double posting in this thread alone. lol

I'm surprised nobody told him before me. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Mike J Scott
Private First Class
Private First Class
Mike J Scott

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:21 am

Ok, I didn't know that. thanks
Back to top Go down
Ven Ziloy
Private First Class
Private First Class
Ven Ziloy

Character Sheet
Name: Ven Ziloy
Advanced Class: Jedi-Knight

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:29 pm

A really good app, seems well organzied and detailed. Good luck. But I think this application is good enough to be approved. I would be surprised if it isn´t approved.
Back to top Go down
Mike J Scott
Private First Class
Private First Class
Mike J Scott

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks Ven.
Back to top Go down
Rajanikant
Sergeant
Sergeant
Rajanikant

Character Sheet
Name: Rajanikant
Advanced Class: Jedi Consular - Sage
RP Title: Padwan

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:07 pm

everyone be nice to the new guys lol
Back to top Go down
Mike J Scott
Private First Class
Private First Class
Mike J Scott

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)   Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mike J Scott's Guild Application (Approved)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next