The Army of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Forums of the Army of Light.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This Forum is Now De-Commissioned. Please Register at the New, Enhanced Forums at: www.thearmyoflightswtor.forumotion.com . Thank you.

Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)

Go down 
+7
Eboi Rolands
Tal Core Starknite
Coddy Lightcloud
Jando Vek
Korvus Starlight
Jephos Mispir
Athrus Logan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Athrus Logan
Recruit
Athrus Logan

Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Empty
PostSubject: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:11 pm

1. Character Name (this will be your name on the site and forums):*
Athrus Logan

2a. Class (Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight, Smuggler, or Trooper):*
Jedi-Knight

2b. Advanced Class (if decided):*
Jedi-Guardian

3. Please describe your knowledge of Star Wars? The more detailed the better, please: *
Well, I played most of the Star Wars Games out there, such including The Force Unleashed I&II, Phantom Menance and Return of the Sith on PS1 and PS2, and so many others, like Rogue Squadron, Rebel assault, and of course Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2.
I also read Star Wars Books, for example I just started with the second book of "Jedi-Padawan", the adventures of Qui Gon and Obi-Wan, shortly after finishing a Fatal Alliance a few days ago.
So, you can obviously see that I am alot interested in Star Wars, and I also have gained alot of Lore Knowledge by reading Wookiepedia and other Source sites.

Please tell us about your other guild/MMO experiences. If there is more
than one guild/experience, please include all of them. If you left your
last guild, please tell us why you decided to leave. If you have used
more than one name, please list them all.*
Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies): Killing Floor. The Guild simply Disbanded because our Leader and Co Leader left us alone at the Server in mid Raid progress.
-Game: World of Warcraft
-Name: Hôhenheim, formerly Dêan before I transfered to the Co Leader
-Level: Currently 84
-Server: Nera´Thor, EU-German (Currently), former Perenolde, EU-German
-Class: Paladin
-Race: Bloodelf

5. What type of role do you wish to take within the guild? How do you plan to be active? Please be specific.*
I would say that I want a more helping role then a leader Role. I think that I can bring myself in pretty good by helping people with Star Wars related question, Graphic Designing, and of course in-Game help later. I just want to have a role that says: "If you need help, ask Athrus. He nearly always has time for questions or for Quest-Help.".
If you would ask me now what rank I want to have in the Guild: I think that Rank advancement is good and all that, but I think even as a Padawan you can help people very good.
So I think, the Role I mainly want is just to be the Helping person, that people can rely on.

I am planning on beeing active on Forum and on Vent more then once a Week. I think that , if I am watching anime or reading Manga, what I do a lot as a sitenote, I can also talk or Chat with Guild-mates on Ventrilo or on the Live-Chat. Of course I will be also active in Game once the Game comes out.
I think I´ll be Ingame every day, either long at the Weekend, or for one or two Hours in the Week.

6. Why do you feel the Army of Light is a good fit for you?*
I think the Army of Light would fit me well is that I looked around here. You guys have a really good organisation, a pretty good Jedi Ranking System.
You also do Roleplay, and of course you seem to be nice people.

7. What do you expect of the guild? Please be specific.*
As many others out there, I dont expect a Guild to be the Gate to the Raid Epics. I think it is completly wrong to just log on once a Week, get in the Raid, get the Epics, and be gone after 3 Hours for another week. That seems wrong. It is something I DONT expect from a Guild.
I expect a place to feel comfortable in, people you can play with, but with which you can also Chat and talk, and have just fun, even if not currently playing.
I dont expect a Raid Progress like a Pro-Raiding Guild, I dont expect PVP Hardcore players. But I expect a Guild with friendly people that it is fun to play with, even if winning or loosing.

8. Age* (Must be 16+):

18. 05.02.1993

9. Time Zone:*
Germany, so GMT +01:00

10.Role-Play
experience/expectations. Can you give us some examples of Role-Playing
you have participated in before. When it comes to expectations, give
us an example of what would be fun to participate in, what you are
looking for, etc.*
Well, my experience in Role-Play is pretty high. I started to role-play a Mage in World of Warcraft nearly as the day as the Game comes out. I soon realized it was pretty fun, so I somehow walked into LARP. That was about 2 Years ago. Since then I am a dedicated Live Action Role Player. I dont play Star Wars LARP alot, just tried once or twice, but I am attending Fantasy LARP regulary. LARP is difficult to give examples from, things just rush by. Smile
What Roleplay would be fun to participate in? I think, that nearly every Role-Play is fun to do. The Discussion with another Jedi, as even the battle agains the Sith-Warrior directly in front of you.

11. How can you benefit and help the guild? Please include any skills or talents you have that you would
enjoy doing within the guild. How have you helped your previous guild(s), if you have previous experience?*
I am pretty good with GIMP, so I am able to do Signatures, Avatars and such with good boarder, for example the glow of a Lightsaber, to insert Glowing Aurebesh, and such things. In Killing Floor I was the person doing all the Guild-Tresor things. I managed it, took it out for Raids, placed into it, looked into the Logs if something was taken or given, and talked to people that were taking out things without asking.

12. How do you define a quality member?*
I define a Quality Member as a Member who is nice and active. I think a Quality Member should always care for the Guild. He or She should give a good picture of us to the Outside, he or she should be friendly to others.
Inside the Guild the Member should often stop by, talking to people. The Member should talk with the others if something is wrong, and of course the Member should be tolerant to every Religion, Race, Sex, and all that.

13. How did you find the Army of Light? Did someone recruit you? If so, please let us know who.*
I just walked into the Army of Light by accident on the TOR Board.

14a.Have
you visited our website and chat room, and familiarized yourself with
the, Charter, Mission Statement, and Rules of Conduct? (You must answer
in the affirmative and please prove that you have)*

Yes, I mostly have. I think that most of your rules are common rules, for example to show Respect, to Help others, to not take others Identitys on Vent, no Spamming. and to think before acting. Those are rules I can accept without any doubt.

14b. Do you
pledge to fulfill them, most notably to uphold the virtues of Maturity,
Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama?*
Yes

14c. The Army of Light wishes to have members who take the concept of Commitment and Loyalty very
seriously. By applying and if accepted, you are taking an Oath to both
the guild and your guild-mates here. Is this something to which you can
commit?
Yes

15. Would you say that you embody the qualities of
Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity? What are your definitions of
these four words? Please don’t just answer yes or no, let us know why
you think you possess these qualities.*
Yes, I think I do, and as wished I will give you a introducion to my way of thinking Smile

Respect: I think Respect is something that is best described as: "Tolerating others.". Respect, for me, is to accept all the different Religions out there, the different kinds of men and Woman, the different points of view, the different Opinions. In order for Civilization to grow, in Order for us to live in peace, we have to Respect everyone and Everything.

Honor: For me, and for my Character also, Honor is nothing you gain by Winning or by a King declaring it. It is also not something you lose after you Lost a fight or a Lord said so. Honor is, to always care for others, and give your best to help them. My Character could loose a thousand times, but if he lost a thousand times to protect the weak. It is mostly honorable for him.

Loyality: Loyality is for me, to go with the thing you have sworn Loyality to by all cost. If you swear on, for example, the code of Conduct, you go with it your whole time here. Loyality is to stick with it, even if in some situations you dont think it fits. It is simply described as: "If you make a promise, keep that promise, no matter what.". Stay Loyal to what you have said, to your oath.

Maturity:Maturity is nothing you gain by just passing your 18th Birthday. Maturity is something that your Mind has to become, not your body or your age. You can turn 18 a hundred times, if you dont realize things that are important, you will never be mature. Dont make a difference between people because of clothes, Race, or Secual orientation. Be nice to everyone, help where you can. If you act nice, and you dont blame other people for your faults, and you accept all the differences out there, you made your first step to maturity. But if you fail to accept other ways of live, other Religions, if you harrase people because of it, if you are a real "A**". Then you will never be mature, even if you hit the 18.

16. Tell us about a time
you offered assistance to someone who did not ask for it but clearly
needed it. If you have never had this experience, tell us what you would do if faced with that situation?
There was this one day, about three months ago, when I went to school. I am always getting to school by Train. That one day we were writting a Math-Test. I studied hard of course. When I went to the Station, the Train was late. I arrived in City in time, 5 Minutes before class starts. My teacher also said that everybody who would come later then 5 Minutes after the bell would get Minus points for the test, or mostly not even reaching many points because he has no time.
So I ran out of the Train Station and saw a young woman, trying to repair her Bike. She was obviously in a hurry. I heard her saying into her Cell phone she would not make it to the Meeting that could decide if she gets her new job or not. I know something about bikes, not just because of curiosity, I am on a Vocational school where such things are daily live. The decision was to make: Should I help her getting the Bike fixed and help her to get her job, or should I just walk on , pretend to not have seen it, for the pure cause of 10 Points out of 150? Well, I decided to place her Chain back onto her Bike, and to fix it so she would atleast make it to the Job and back without it breaking. Of course I was 15 Minutes to late. But I managed to score a 2+ (B+) at the test. Even without the 2+, even with a worser result, it would be worth. Because I could have a clear mind. I can say "I did not pretend to not have seen it and walked on".
Sounds crazy, I know
Very Happy

Role-play Scenario (please tell us how you would handle the situation):
You are leading a group of 3 others through a forest on a remote moon
to destroy an enemy communications relay. Up ahead in a clearing, you
happen to spot a small Sith camp. Your group has not yet been spotted by
the enemy. You are reasonably well supplied for your mission, including
armaments. The clearing containing the Sith camp is not necessarily in
your direct path to reach your original mission objective. Attacking the
camp could alert the guards at the relay. However, attacking the relay without first dealing with the camp could mean enemy reinforcements from the camp. What do you do?

Well, the Camp is obviously not a Target for our Mission. Why should we initiate a fight with the Sith-Camp if we dont have to. I am a Jedi, and I am a leader. As a Jedi, it is my teaching that every live has a purpose, that ending live without reason is wrong. We dont have a given reason here. They didnt spot us, they are not part of our mission. Maybe even some of them are not Sith by will, maybe they are forced to serve in the Imperial Strike Force. As a Leader, I have to think about my Men. We could loose a Men to them if we dont watch out, what will make later efforts at the Communication Relay difficult. This battle, although it is a small camp, could be hard. It could exhaust my men.

So, with obviously no reason to attack the enemy sith Camp I would wait until night and then make my way around it with my three Troopers.

Once we arrive at the Communication Relay we can concentrate again on the main Task of this Mission. Of course we COULD have been spotted, of Course we COULD get some visitors from behind. But I am a Jedi, I am a servant of the Force. A COULD is not a made fact. The Force will not let me go down that easily.

In more than 50 but less than 200 words, please describe your personal
character and the type of person you are (We wish to get a good feel of
the type of person that will be becoming a part
of our guild family - a very important question!)*

I am, as most people say, a very calm and light-hearted Character. I like to help others alot, and I would care more about others then about me. I didnt do many things in my live, I am still young. But I want to do them. I want to visit different countrys, I want to see the World. There are so many things to see, and I want to see them. Just a few weeks ago our very nice Religion Teacher showed us Pictures from his Journey to Nepal a few years ago. It was such a beautifull land, so full of customs, and this is what drives me. All those different customes out there.
I think, even if forgotten during recent years, Honor and Promises are important. It is also important to have peace with yourself. "Always stay true to yourself, dont ask for much, but give many. And then, you will be the most honorable men in the World.". One of the lines that inspired me, but I dont know from who it was, I just heard it a few years ago.

19. Tell us a little about your in-game character*
-Character Name: Athrus Logan
-Character Physical/Mental Features: 1,93 meters heigh, and around 90 kg´s of weight. He has shoulderlong, blond hair and a beard that he really likes, so he is always shaving it into this very look he has. He is Physicaly well trained.
-Character Biography: Athrus was born on a Freighter close to Nar Shaddaa as the Son of a well known Smuggler and a Woman that his father meet drunken one night at the bar.

For many years Athrus remained at the Freighter and on Nar Shaddaa. There is no reason to call out that live as the son of a well known and hunted Smuggler is not easy, even not when having enough money to buy everything. His mother always drunk until late night, and his father was home once in a whole month for two days. Athrus was aware that his family was not what he wanted. No boy wants a drunken Mother and an always gone father.

One day after his mother was drunk again the 5 year old boy ran away from home, with nowhere to go on Nar Shaddaa. For days he was walking around, stealing food from the traders, drinking dirty water.

Maybe it was the Force, maybe just pure luck that he ran into this small cat on the Street. Not even as large as him he cared about this cat that was wounded. It was a burned Scar at the left forward feet. The little he had he gave to the Cat, and he carried her around for around two weeks.

It was at late night, when Athrus was again stealing food that he was surprised by some thugs. There is no reason to believe a child that is stealing food has much money, but the thugs had nothing to loose, so they tried. For the surprise of everyone they were soon taught a lesson. this little piece of Fur was a Jedi, that was investigating the Surface of Nar Shaddaa for hidden dark activitys. He became wounded in battle against a Sith-Warrior. When the little ball of Fur introduced himself as Kushibahn Jedi-Master, Athrus was quite surprised, not for the very reason that he imagined Jedi as more "Fearsome" as this little cat.

Soon Jedi Master Mukruk took on the young boy to Train him. He has been with him for so long for this very reason, and the Council approved the Training after they saw the young boy.
Other Jedi younglings mooked about the boy, that he was trained by a Pet, but soon they were proven wrong. Athrus went trough a hard time. Standing on one hand on a Stone for around two days, keeping Lightsaber practice for days. He choosed to learn Ataru, to use his Force-Given Physical Power to the best of possible.

When Athrus was 24, he was made Jedi-Knight by the Order after finishing his Trials. The other younglings from back then, also Jedi-Knights already, had to admit that he was the most trained of them. The small Jedi always told Athrus that the physical strength is not important, but Athrus trained anyway. The hard training was good for him, so he kept on training Ataru, Unarmed Combat, and Physical excersises as well as practice in Force powers.

Today Athrus is 28 years old and is fighting alongside the Troopers and other Jedi in the Sith war to regain peace for the galaxy.

20. What is your registered user name on swtor.com?*
I am registered at the SWTOR board as Athrus, the same as here.

A Sidenote:
I want to apologize for any mistakes in small or large first-characters of a word. I am German, and so I´ve got the attitude to write some words also with large letter in English as they are in German. I hope you are so kind to ignore that Smile
Back to top Go down
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General
Jephos Mispir

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:18 pm

Greetings Athrus,

Your Application is now Under Review by the Recruitment Council. You will receive a reply shortly, usually within the next 48-72 hours.

Thank you for your interest in The Army of Light.

Warmest regards,
Grand Master Jephos Mispir
Founder of The Army of Light
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
Korvus Starlight
Commander
Commander
Korvus Starlight

Character Sheet
Name: Korvus Starlight
Advanced Class: Sentinel
RP Title: Master

PostSubject: Re: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Nice app.
Back to top Go down
Jando Vek
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Jando Vek

Character Sheet
Name: Jando Vek
Advanced Class: Vanguard
RP Title: Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Welcome Athrus to the AL.
Back to top Go down
Coddy Lightcloud
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Coddy Lightcloud

Character Sheet
Name: Coddy Lightcloud
Advanced Class: Jedi Sage
RP Title: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:06 pm

Good luck on your nice looking app Athrus!
Back to top Go down
http://kaicoddy.webs.com
Tal Core Starknite
Sergeant
Sergeant
Tal Core Starknite

Location : Where the the week need strength, and a friend needs help

Character Sheet
Name: Tal Core Starknite
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight
RP Title: 4

PostSubject: Re: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Eboi Rolands
Recruit
Eboi Rolands

PostSubject: Athrus Logan's Application   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Looks like a great App. Good Luck I hope you get Approved and join us in this amazing Guild.
Back to top Go down
Aiden
Corporal
Corporal
Aiden

Character Sheet
Name: Dharkone
Advanced Class: Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:58 pm

Athrus I dont know you yet but I think you would make a fine addition to our guild. I dont make the decision but I liked the story about the bike and loved the character biography. Were you born in Germany? I ask because besides a few common grammar mistakes your English writing is very good. I look forward to seeing you among our ranks. Maybe you could help me with my avatar signature as you see I dont have one lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:08 am

You put a good amount of effort into your app, especially your character biography, and I love reading a well done bio.
Back to top Go down
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General
Jephos Mispir

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:20 am

Greetings Athrus,

Your Application has been Approved.

Your next step upon the Path is to pass your Trial Membership.

You will need to:
- Post 15 meaningful posts on the Forums
- Post an Introduction of yourself (RP) on the Forums
- Create a registered Forums profile, complete with avatar and SW:TOR contact name
- Obtain an avatar for use in our Xat chats (primary room is our Citadel Chat)
- While in chat, make your name [AL]Initiate Athrus Logan
- Re-familiarize yourself with the Guild Rules, with emphasis on Core Values and RP atmosphere
- Register with the guild on the SW:TOR site at http://www.swtor.com/guilds/5501/army-light

After you have been here a minimum of 1 week and have done all the aforementioned, you must then interview with myself, Supreme Master Caliber Mispir, or General Bren Durron to pass into Full Membership.

With that successfully completed, you will report to the Jedi branch leaders (Master Caliber Mispir or Master Shoja Fodun) for general class branch training and to General Bren Durron or Master Vyynn Randos for Squadron/Platoon assignment. Squadrons will act as your home within your home and help acclimate you to guild life and try to answer any questions you may have.

You will also wish to visit these Forums frequently, as much of our information is passed through this medium including news, polls, debate, etc.

In addition, we foster an Open Door Policy here at the Army of Light. Should you ever have a question or difficulty, or simply need to talk over an issue, please send me a PM here on the Forums.

Best of luck to you.

Warmest regards,
Grand Master Jephos Mispir
Founder of the Army of Light
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
Korvus Starlight
Commander
Commander
Korvus Starlight

Character Sheet
Name: Korvus Starlight
Advanced Class: Sentinel
RP Title: Master

PostSubject: Re: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:48 am

Welcome to the AL.
Back to top Go down
Athrus Logan
Recruit
Athrus Logan

PostSubject: Re: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:04 am

First I want to thank you all for this warm welcome.
Second of all, I want to thank you for the chance to prove myself for the Guild and to make me a Trial Member.

Aiden wrote:
Athrus I dont know you yet but I think you would make a fine addition to our guild. I dont make the decision but I liked the story about the bike and loved the character biography. Were you born in Germany? I ask because besides a few common grammar mistakes your English writing is very good. I look forward to seeing you among our ranks. Maybe you could help me with my avatar signature as you see I dont have one lol.

Yes, I was born in Germany and I have lived here my whole live. I actually never made a Trip to English speaking countries either, my parents always went to Dutchland and Austria, but I am looking forward to add the United States and the United Kingdom to my done List Wink

For your question regarding the Signature:
That should be no problem. I am not home at the moment, I´m at a friends place and we will go to RPC in about an hour. As soon as I come home I´ll come into the chat for the first time. You can send me following Pictures then:

-A Backround. This can be anything you like, but it should fit atleast 800x300 Pixels. Making a small Picture that wide looks weird.

-An actuall Avatar for your Character. Again, can be anything, a Special Clone, A MArine, anything you like Wink

-A moto of your character.

-And a few additions, for example, do you want the Name in Aurebesh, which color should the Glowing Boarder have, any logos in the Signature.

I think I can put it together then in about 30-40 Minutes. Wink

Well, see you all in the evening Wink
Athrus
Back to top Go down
Aone
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Aone

Character Sheet
Name: Aone
Advanced Class: GunSlinger
RP Title:

PostSubject: Re: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:43 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Turor Eutobi
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Turor Eutobi

Character Sheet
Name: Turor Eutobi

PostSubject: Re: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:53 pm

Welcome aboard mate great to have you here.
Back to top Go down
Tal Core Starknite
Sergeant
Sergeant
Tal Core Starknite

Location : Where the the week need strength, and a friend needs help

Character Sheet
Name: Tal Core Starknite

PostSubject: Re: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:37 pm

I never had a doubt.
Back to top Go down
Gole_Liath
Sergeant
Sergeant
Gole_Liath

Character Sheet
Name: Gole Liath
Advanced Class: Shadow
RP Title: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Congratulations on your approval Atrhrus, here's hoping you and I cna help each other out as we learn the ropes!

I'm only a week or so ahead of you, so PM me if there's anything I can do to help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)   Athrus Logan's Application (Approved) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Athrus Logan's Application (Approved)
Page 1 of 1