The Army of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Forums of the Army of Light.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This Forum is Now De-Commissioned. Please Register at the New, Enhanced Forums at: www.thearmyoflightswtor.forumotion.com . Thank you.

Application - Gilad al-Khaliq (Approved)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gilad

Application - Gilad al-Khaliq (Approved) Empty
PostSubject: Application - Gilad al-Khaliq (Approved)   Application - Gilad al-Khaliq (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:30 pm

1. Character Name (this will be your name on the site and forums):*
Gilad al-Khaliq

2. Class (Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight, Smuggler, or Trooper):*
Jedi Knight

3. Please describe your knowledge of Star Wars? The more detailed the better, please: *
Star Wars: A New Hope is the first movie I can remember seeing in the theater, so it's not much of a overstatement to say that SW has been a constant in my life. I've seen the original trilogy dozens - if not hundreds - of times. The prequel trilogy? I've each of them several times, but let's be honest; they just aren't as good. I've read many of the books including the entirety of the New Jedi Order and Legacy of the Force series, plus each of the novels of the Old Republic time. I collected the Knights of the Old Republic comic book series, which is really, really good if you haven't read it. That leads to my favorite part of SW - The Old Republic's immediate predecessor, the KotOR series. I've played both of the two dozens of times and completed each lightside and darkside ending. Knights of the Old Republic - not the movies - is what I first think of when talking Star Wars.

4. Please tell us about your other guild/MMO experiences. If there is more than one guild/experience, please include all of them. If you left your last guild, please tell us why you decided to leave. If you have used more than one name, please list them all.*
Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies):
Not gonna lie to y'all - I'm a newb. I've yet to take the full-on MMO plunge, mostly because I'm worried about being sucked in. Since this is The Old Republic, I'm okay with that now.

5. What type of role do you wish to take within the guild? How do you plan to be active? Please be specific.*
I would be honored to be considered for a leadership position in the guild, but I would not expect it. I would expect to earn it.

6. Why do you feel the Army of Light is a good fit for you?*
From what I've seen, the Army of Light is a nice match in maturity, and the level of role-play. I've read several of the accepted applications and I can see that these are people I'd like to game with. It's difficult to find that sometimes, so I'd best grab hold.

7. What do you expect of the guild? Please be specific.*
I expect a supportive and fun game experience. I'd expect that I'd become friendly with most in my guild and friends with many. I'd know that when I'm in game, the Army has my back, as I have theirs as well.

8. Age:*

9. Time Zone:*
US PST

10.Role-Play experience/expectations. Can you give us some examples of Role-Playing you have participated in before. When it comes to expectations, give us an example of what would be fun to participate in, what you are looking for, etc.*
At first I'd expected some light role-play, but the more I consider it, the more I think I'd like to go deeper. The SW universe is so rich, it becomes a natural to want to add to that.

11. How can you benefit and help the guild? Please include any skills or talents you have that you would
enjoy doing within the guild. How have you helped your previous guild(s), if you have previous experience?*
I think I would bring a great enthusiasm and light humor to the guild. While a good game is deep and meaningful, it should also be fun. In addition, I am a teacher in my real life, and I've noticed at the Army website that teaching and learning are very important to the guild.

12. How do you define a quality member?*
First of all, to be a quality member you have to be available. You might well be the best role-player alive and a magician on a raid, but if you aren't around, you're not much help. The most important thing anyone can bring to a group of any kind is participation. Joining in discussions, mentoring new recruits, availing the whole of your knowledge and experience is of the utmost importance.

13. How did you find the Army of Light? Did someone recruit you? If so, please let us know who.*
I posted at the SW:TOR main site and two guild members, Jaina Sorak and templercarson contacted me.

14a.Have you visited our website and chat room, and familiarized yourself with the, Charter, Mission Statement, and Rules of Conduct? (You must answer in the affirmative and please prove that you have)*
I have. It’s nice to see that the the guild takes these things seriously. The website is slick too.

14b. Do you pledge to fulfill them, most notably to uphold the virtues of Maturity, Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama?*
Absolutely.

15. Would you say that you embody the qualities of Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity? What are your definitions of these four words? Please don’t just answer yes or no, let us know why you think you possess these qualities.*
Respect, honor, loyalty and maturity are shown, not merely spoken. I show them by my actions, and in my relationships with my friends, family and hopefully my future guildmates.

16. In more than 30 but less than 100 words, please describe your personal character and the type of person you are (We wish to get a good feel of the type of person that will be becoming a part of our guild family)*
I am 35, married and professional. No kids yet (emphasis on yet) but a household full of rescue dogs and cats. I live in the Pacific Northwest - no rain jokes please. I’m a lifelong geek currently teaching nongeeks how to survive in a technology world

17. Tell us a little about your in-game character*
-Character Name: Gilad al-Khaliq
-Character Physical/Mental Features: Tall, dark skin, dark hair. Bright and charming. A bit of a show-off and not without an ego
-Character Biography:

Like most Jedi, Gilad al-Khaliq was found to be strong in the Force and brought to the Jedi at a very young age. Born the third and youngest son of a prosperous banking family on Telerath, Gilad was quickly apprenticed to the Miralukan Jedi Master Ilomilo Bizan. He progressed well, but without any real accomplishment or notoriety. He grew into a tall, spare, handsome man with unkempt hair he wears long. Gilad was long known for his charm and easy smile, but was never a Padawan that anyone at the Jedi Temple expected anything from. His master often mentioned that Gilad lacked a deeper connection to the Force, that Gilad was content with flash and style and didn’t work hard enough to master the the complexities of the Force. This changed with his master’s death at the Sacking of Coruscant. With the destruction of the Temple and the Jedi retreat to Tython, Gilad has turned inward and vowed to become the Jedi his master thought him capable of.
Back to top Go down

Application - Gilad al-Khaliq (Approved) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application - Gilad al-Khaliq (Approved)   Application - Gilad al-Khaliq (Approved) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Greetings,
Thank you for taking interest in the Army of Light, and waiting patiently for results. I would like to congratulate you for becoming a trial member of the Army of Light. Trial Membership is a minimum of one week. Welcome to the guild!

[] Obtain an avatar

[] Post at least 15 forum posts of substance
[] Place [AL]Initiate (Jedi), [AL]Recruit (Trooper), or [AL]Mate (Smuggler) depending on your class.
[] Interview with the Supreme Master or Grand Master
[] Visit the Embassy chat:
Click here

~Supreme Master Jaina Sorak
Back to top Go down

Application - Gilad al-Khaliq (Approved)
Page 1 of 1