Welcome to the Forums of the Army of Light.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
This Forum is Now De-Commissioned. Please Register at the New, Enhanced Forums at: www.thearmyoflightswtor.forumotion.com . Thank you.

Share | 

Zane Star's Application (Approved)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zane Star
Recruit

PostSubject: Zane Star's Application (Approved)   Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:19 am

1.Character Name
Zane Star

2. Class
Jedi Knight

3. Please describe your knowledge of Star Wars?

To be honest, my knowledge of Star Wars universe is very limited. As I was born in an Asian country (Malaysia to be exact), Star Wars wasn’t particularly popular over there. I was finally exposed to the whole Star Wars universe when I immigrated to Australia to further my studies and live there. My first Star Wars movie was “Star Wars: The phantom menace” (1999) which I later watch the rest of the Star Wars movie in one day, (Movie marathon) and ever since that day I had been a fan of star wars. Played and finished many star wars games which includes Star wars the knights of the old republic 1 & 2, Lego star wars 1, 2 & 3 and Star wars force release 1 (but not 2 because it was stupid). That’s about it…. for my Star Wars knowledge ^_^

4. Please tell us about your other guild/MMO experiences. If there is more than one guild/experience, please include all of them.

My last MMORPG was Ragnarok Online
I was 3rd in command in my guild called “SIF” which we participated in GVG war competition.
Evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VkaCAxGHRg
I was the last Knight standing (in the losing end)

I am currently playing a FPSMMORPG? (Bad Company 2)

5. What type of role do you wish to take within the guild? How do you plan to be active? Please be specific.

Role that I would like to be in the guild would be the “Utility Role”. I will try participating in every guild events and projects. I will be active, consistent and an efficient figure in the guild to help assist the guild and all guild members in their activities such as power leveling, raiding and etc.

6. Why do you feel the Army of Light is a good fit for you?

Frankly, I am not sure if Army of Light would be a good fit for me as I don’t even know anyone from this guild. It will take some time before I get to know every one but if the guild and members is what it seems to be (Fun, Friendly and Competitive), then yes, Army of Light would be a good fit for me.

7. What do you expect of the guild? Please be specific.

I expect the guild to have ambitions. A guild without ambitions will never move forward or even improve through failures it suffers. Also I expect the guild to accept an Asian Star War fan like any other fan.

8. Age

Turning 25 this year.

9. Time Zone

GMT +10

10.Role-Play experience/expectations. Can you give us some examples of Role-Playing you have participated in before. When it comes to expectations, give us an example of what would be fun to participate in, what you are looking for, etc.*

I don’t really role play. I would usually role play myself into the situation, meaning that all actions, thoughts and ideas would be coming from my own POV. However, I do role play in terms of rank, eg. If I am a padawan, I will respect and learn from my master as a padawan.

11. How can you benefit and help the guild? Please include any skills or talents you have that you would
enjoy doing within the guild. How have you helped your previous guild(s), if you have previous experience?

I have a very robust personality. I don’t give up easily (without giving a fight, which is why I chose to be Jedi Knight) and very determine. I will strive to improve myself to equal or better the guild’s quality. I believe my robust personality can help encourage (or be an example) guild members to not falter quickly and keep believing. Also, I have a gamer blood in me, which helps =)

12. How do you define a quality member?

Selfless attitude and his/hers commitment towards the guild and its members

13. How did you find the Army of Light? Did someone recruit you? If so, please let us know who

Was browsing through a number of recruitment pages till I saw Mai Skyblade’s post and follow the links through Mai’s signature (Effective guild advertising)

14a.Have you visited our website and chat room, and familiarized yourself with the, Charter, Mission Statement, and Rules of Conduct? (You must answer in the affirmative and please prove that you have)

By having English as a second language, I did pay lots of attention towards the “Proper spelling and grammar are encouraged” policy found in “guild forum policies and rules”. I hope my level of English does not confuse you or the rest of the guild members reading this. I am trying my best.

14b. Do you pledge to fulfill them, most notably to uphold the virtues of Maturity, Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama?*

I do. By using the guild’s policy as a guideline and act upon it.

14c. The Army of Light wishes to have members who take the concept of Commitment and Loyalty very seriously. By applying and if accepted, you are taking an Oath to both the guild and your guild-mates here. Is this something to which you can commit?

Yes, I can.

15. Would you say that you embody the qualities of Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity? What are your definitions of these four words? Please don’t just answer yes or no, let us know why you think you possess these qualities.*

I do embody these qualities because I am currently engaged to my love one (my gf).This shows that I am able to love another human being as much as myself thus giving me those four qualities as well as another crucial quality which is responsibility. I believe each member should not only have these four qualities only. Responsibility should be included.

16. Tell us about a time you offered assistance to someone who did not ask for it but clearly needed it. If you have never had this experience, tell us what you would do if faced with that situation?

In my previous MMORPG, I offered assistance to help new comers because I remember how tough it was being all alone in a MMORPG game. I offered help in terms of guidance and some power leveling to help them get use to pace of the game.

17. Role-play Scenario (please tell us how you would handle the situation): You are leading a group of 3 others through a forest on a remote moon to destroy an enemy communications relay. Up ahead in a clearing, you happen to spot a small Sith camp. Your group has not yet been spotted by the enemy. You are reasonably well supplied for your mission, including armaments. The clearing containing the Sith camp is not necessarily in your direct path to reach your original mission objective. Attacking the camp could alert the guards at the relay. However, attacking the relay without first dealing with the camp could mean enemy reinforcements from the camp. What do you do?

Since this is a role playing scenario, being a Jedi Knight, I should not rush into things and I will opt for a more safety option which is to destroy the enemy’s communication relay first and ignore the Sith camp. If by destroying the relay triggers enemy reinforcement it is my duty and responsibility to hold off any threat till the group of 3 are safe and away from the Sith encounter. A Knight’s role is to defend the weak, which is what I shall and will do.

18. In more than 50 but less than 200 words, please describe your personal character and the type of person you are (We wish to get a good feel of the type of person that will be becoming a part of our guild family - a very important question!)*

I am that kind of guy which wishes no glamour. I do not seek for fame or richness. I am also the type of person who is willing to do “dirty work” (Unwanted, unpopular, tedious work) for the guild. I work best around a guild that relies on teamwork. I am very determined and will always be high on morale even if things start to get bad. Also, I am very good in following orders and a fast learner. Leading is something I will have to work on and improve however.

19. Tell us a little about your in-game character*
-Character Name: Zane Star
-Character Physical/Mental Features: 5 feet 9 inches tall, no fat and looks like an Asian? (With spiky hair)
-Character Biography: No idea…yet

20. What is your registered user name on swtor.com?*

ZaneStar

Finishing note
Sorry for any grammar mistake that i might had made or any language problems which you had encounter.
Hope you guys enjoy reading this application. Thank you.

Zane.
Back to top Go down
isaiahzsa
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Character Sheet
Name: Isaiahzsa
Advanced Class: trooper
RP Title: Solari 1 Actual

PostSubject: Re: Zane Star's Application (Approved)   Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:53 am

Looks ok. Glad to see more people coming in. If you need anything don't hesitate to PM me!
Back to top Go down
Zane Star
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Zane Star's Application (Approved)   Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:33 am

Thanks for the feedback isaiahza.
Back to top Go down
Tal Core Starknite
Sergeant
Sergeant

Location : Where the the week need strength, and a friend needs help

Character Sheet
Name: Tal Core Starknite
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight
RP Title: 4

PostSubject: Re: Zane Star's Application (Approved)   Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:46 pm

Not bad my man, and your honesty is very important. And as far as not being sure if you fit in or not, you will, everyone does.(Usually). And to answer your question, we are VERY ambitious, improving our guild is one of the High Councils (HC) biggest concerns, and they do great. I think you will fit in perfectly, and the name Zane Star is awesome! If you have any questions don't be shy, and good luck!
Back to top Go down
Jando Vek
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Character Sheet
Name: Jando Vek
Advanced Class: Vanguard
RP Title: Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Zane Star's Application (Approved)   Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Yes I agree with honesty being important, really admirable. Good luck
Back to top Go down
Zane Star
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Zane Star's Application (Approved)   Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:35 pm

Thanks for the replies. Looking forward into joining your guild and playing together in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Zane Star's Application (Approved)   Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:03 am

Greetings Zane,

Your Application is now Under Review by the Recruitment Council. You will receive a response shortly, usually within 48-72 hours.

Thank you for your interest in The Army of Light.

Warmest regards,
Grand Master Jephos Mispir
Founder of The Army of Light

Jephos Mispir | Founder | High General | Grand Master

"The Time is Always Right to do What is Right."
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Zane Star's Application (Approved)   Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:33 am

Greetings Zane,

Your Application has been Approved.

Your next step upon the Path is to pass your Trial Membership.

You will need to:
- Post 15 meaningful posts on the Forums
- Post an Introduction of yourself (RP) on the Forums
- Create a registered Forums profile, complete with avatar
- Obtain an avatar for use in our Xat chats (primary room is our Citadel Chat)
- While in chat, make your name [AL]Initiate Zane Star
- Register with the guild on the SW:TOR site at http://www.swtor.com/guilds/5501/army-light

After you have been here a minimum of 1 week and have done the aforementioned, you must then interview with myself or Supreme Master Caliber Mispir to pass into Full Membership.

With that successfully completed, you will report to the Jedi branch leader (Master Caliber Mispir or Master Shoja Fodun) for general class branch training and to General Bren Durron for Squadron/Platoon assignment. Squadrons will act as your home within your home and help acclimate you to guild life and try to answer any questions you may have.

Also, we foster an Open Door Policy here at the Army of Light. Should you ever have a question or difficulty, or simply need to talk over an issue, please send me a PM here on the Forums.

Best of luck to you.

Warmest regards,
Grand Master Jephos Mispir
Founder of the Army of Light

Jephos Mispir | Founder | High General | Grand Master

"The Time is Always Right to do What is Right."
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
Korvus Starlight
Commander
Commander

Character Sheet
Name: Korvus Starlight
Advanced Class: Sentinel
RP Title: Master

PostSubject: Re: Zane Star's Application (Approved)   Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:11 am

Welcome to the AL Zane.

Members who wish to have a future in this guild must read the following thread: http://thearmyoflight.forumotion.com/t1584-solari-company-duties

Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force.

Alts: Orion Ordo, Tal Olan, Oren Damar
Back to top Go down
Zane Star
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Zane Star's Application (Approved)   Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:03 am

Thank you for your acceptance.
Back to top Go down
isaiahzsa
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Character Sheet
Name: Isaiahzsa
Advanced Class: trooper
RP Title: Solari 1 Actual

PostSubject: Re: Zane Star's Application (Approved)   Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Good job!! I'm happy to see you got accepted.
Back to top Go down
Coddy Lightcloud
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Character Sheet
Name: Coddy Lightcloud
Advanced Class: Jedi Sage
RP Title: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Zane Star's Application (Approved)   Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:34 am

Congrats and welcome to the guild Zane.
Back to top Go down
http://kaicoddy.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zane Star's Application (Approved)   

Back to top Go down

Zane Star's Application (Approved)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1