Welcome to the Forums of the Army of Light.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
This Forum is Now De-Commissioned. Please Register at the New, Enhanced Forums at: www.thearmyoflightswtor.forumotion.com . Thank you.

Share | 

William Ander's Application (Approved)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anders
Recruit

PostSubject: William Ander's Application (Approved)   Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:41 pm

1. Character Name (this will be your name on the site and forums):*
William Anders (registered as Anders)

2. Class (Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight, Smuggler, or Trooper):*
Jedi Consular

3. Please describe your knowledge of Star Wars? The more detailed the better, please: *
It is hard to describe one's "knowledge" of Star Wars. There are so many books, comics, short stories and the like. I have seen the movies and delved deeper into the lore. I've read a few books and played many games. I'm not ignorant nor do I know everything about the Star Wars verse.

4. Please tell us about your other guild/MMO experiences. If there is more than one guild/experience, please include all of them. If you left your last guild, please tell us why you decided to leave. If you have used more than one name, please list them all.*
Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies):
7th Fleet
-Game: Star Trek Online
-Name: William Anders
-Level: Vice Admiral
-Server: Main
-Class: Science
-Race: Human

5. What type of role do you wish to take within the guild? How do you plan to be active? Please be specific.*
I tend to be more observant. I read what people say and if I feel I have something useful to contribute I'll post it. I'll definitely be active daily. When the game goes live I can guarantee I'll be on 4-5 hours a day/night if not more.

6. Why do you feel the Army of Light is a good fit for you?*
It seems to me that you guys have direction. You know what you wanna do and how you're going to implement it. I've been creeping around the forum and looking at the site, and I'm impressed with how the guild is presented. I like that. There's many a guild out there that are just made and promise people awesome leadership positions if you join now. No thank you. Those guilds don't last long. I can definitely see this guild lasting.

7. What do you expect of the guild? Please be specific.*
I expect respect. A willingness to listen to every member from the top dog to the brand noob. A group of people I can have a fun time with after I get off a long day at work. After all it is just a game, isn't it? In return I'll give everything back that I have been given.

8. Age* (Must be 16+ - only truly exceptional Applications from sub-16 year olds will be considered):
23 years old. Born 5 October, 1987.

9. Time Zone:*
GMT -5. Lafayette, Indiana.

10.Role-Play experience/expectations. Can you give us some examples of Role-Playing you have participated in before. When it comes to expectations, give us an example of what would be fun to participate in, what you are looking for, etc.*
Years ago I played Freelancer. Great game. I lead a clan on a server that was all RP. If we were in-game, we were in-character. Since then I have adopted that as my own style of playing. I love RP. I think it's what makes the game, and those you play with, much more fun.

I'd love to see weekly raids, or whole-guild PvP events, a guild vs guild war, etc. I'd love anything that we can do as a big group.

11. How can you benefit and help the guild? Please include any skills or talents you have that you would
enjoy doing within the guild. How have you helped your previous guild(s), if you have previous experience?*

I'm in school for computer graphics/graphic design. I do many photoshop works. I can produce some ship patches that I've done for my Star Trek Online fleet.

I've moderated forums and help prune the old junk out in an effort to ease the command staff's workload. I did hold a "Commodore" flag position for a short time. I resigned as there was really no point my position being created. I went back to the highest ranking, non-flag officer position of "Captain." I still stay at that rank comfortably today.

12. How do you define a quality member?*
I see it this way; should there be a meeting and so-and-so says he's going to be there but doesn't show up, that's a hit on the person's integrity. If he/she says they're going to be in-game for an event, but is a no show... well you get the idea. I can understand everyone's circumstances are different and that things come up last minute. That's when you let everyone know with a post on the forums.

I also define a quality member by the general mood they set when they post a message or how they talk when in voice comms. Being short and rude is basically unacceptable. As I like to say, it's just a game. If you can't be in a decent mood while playing, then go elsewhere.

13. How did you find the Army of Light? Did someone recruit you? If so, please let us know who.*
Just by browsing the available guilds on swtor.com. Came across this one and I was impressed!

14a.Have you visited our website and chat room, and familiarized yourself with the, Charter, Mission Statement, and Rules of Conduct? (You must answer in the affirmative and please prove that you have)*
I have read through the forum policies and rules, and the chat/vent/guild rules, but can't seem to find the Charter and Mission Statement.

14b. Do you pledge to fulfill them, most notably to uphold the virtues of Maturity, Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama?*
From the rules that I have read yes, I do.

14c. The Army of Light wishes to have members who take the concept of Commitment and Loyalty very seriously. By applying and if accepted, you are taking an Oath to both the guild and your guild-mates here. Is this something to which you can commit?
Serving in the United States Army was the best decision of my life. I lived with commitment and loyalty to my country and my brothers every single day, and still do. Yes, I can.

15. Would you say that you embody the qualities of Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity? What are your definitions of these four words? Please don’t just answer yes or no, let us know why you think you possess these qualities.*
I do my best to. I try to be tolerant of others. I wouldn't want someone bashing me because they thought I was a ******. As they saying goes, "You gotta give respect to get respect."

I like to be presentable and courteous. Makes the first impressions that much better especially when what I do reflects on my guild. Say something real dumb or do something incredibly stupid and people get the wrong idea about you and those you're affiliated with.

Loyalty is simple. If you're gonna be a part of something, then be a part of it. No cloak and dagger junk. If I'm to be accepted into this guild then that's it. I'm in. I'm the servant of that group only.

I think maturity falls under the common sense law. Anyone in their right mind understands where the line is and when, or when not, to cross it. Just think about what you do and say. Simple enough.

16. Tell us about a time you offered assistance to someone who did not ask for it but clearly needed it. If you have never had this experience, tell us what you would do if faced with that situation?
There's been plenty of times in Star Trek Online that I'd warp in-system and find a lower level character getting pounded by badguys. I have no hesitation to jump in and take some of the heat. I know I'd sure appreciate the help if it were me in that position. I see no reason why anyone wouldn't just go ahead and do the same.

17. Role-play Scenario (please tell us how you would handle the situation): You are leading a group of 3 others through a forest on a remote moon to destroy an enemy communications relay. Up ahead in a clearing, you happen to spot a small Sith camp. Your group has not yet been spotted by the enemy. You are reasonably well supplied for your mission, including armaments. The clearing containing the Sith camp is not necessarily in your direct path to reach your original mission objective. Attacking the camp could alert the guards at the relay. However, attacking the relay without first dealing with the camp could mean enemy reinforcements from the camp. What do you do?
I'd have the squad split up into 2 teams. Team A would attack the the camp, while Team B would assault the comm relay. Both teams would coordinate the advance. Once both teams are in position Team A would commence the attack on the camp and wipe out the enemy with a violent, but swift, offensive. Team B would dig in and pick off badguys as they pop up. Team A would then regroup with B and proceed with the destruction of the relay.

18. In more than 50 but less than 200 words, please describe your personal character and the type of person you are (We wish to get a good feel of the type of person that will be becoming a part
of our guild family - a very important question!)*

As I stated earlier I was in the Army. I'm dedicated. I am usually quiet while in voice comms, but I am always open to whomever strikes up conversation. I like to listen and watch what unfolds, whether in RL or in-game. It's not that I'm shy, because I'm sure as hell not. I'm just a watcher. I do love just about anything science fiction. Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, everything Stargate and anything in between. I'm a gamer to the max. I play Halo way too much probably. I paintball on a regular basis. My job is demanding on my body and I work 10-12 hour days, but I absolutely love it.

I think of myself as a really good guy that anyone can get along with, because I can get along with everyone.

19. Tell us a little about your in-game character*
-Character Name: William Anders
-Character Physical/Mental Features: Pure white skin and hair. Blue eyes. Incredibly intelligent.
-Character Biography:
Half Arkanian. Half Human. Created as a slave to work in whatever conditions his masters deemed necessary. Born Lethar Adunascion, William is a genetically advanced hybrid; smarter more intelligent than his predecessors. When he was the age of two he would have been considered a child prodigy, but only if he were born a purebred. Quiet and reserved, he prefers to stand aside and watch events unfold until he must intervene. His words, although few, are meticulously chosen and articulate.

The first 10 years of his life were spent moving to different deep-ore mining camps all over Arkania. Harsh environments not suitable for mature adults let alone a child. His abilities stunned even the most brilliant scientists. Able to solve problems in a matter of months that took scholars years to master, he was quick to deduce the issues he was given. His mental ability only surpassed by his unique physical qualities. Even while still a child, many guards had been hospitalized because of William. It wasn’t in him to take a beating. They eventually left him alone to his work.

He trudged through the years until one day he came across a visitor to his small part of the world. A mysterious cloaked fellow that shadowed him for 3 days. Confronting the visitor, William was ready to defend himself. The man revealed himself to be a Jedi Knight. He explained that he wanted to take William before the Jedi Council. To make him his Padawan.

Naturally, William had nothing holding him back. Anything would be better than a life as a slave under the rule of the pure Arkanians. Without hesitation he agreed, and so it began. While in his initial training he took on the name William Anders to reflect a more human upbringing, since he was not proud of his half-breed heritage.

For 15 years he trained under the guidance of his master, Kulthrym Vidiorx, who was then slain on Tarhassan during the Tarhassan Civil War. In an attempt to save his master’s life, Anders threw himself in the line of fire, but it ultimately proved futile. His master had passed and William was severely injured.

10 months passed before he regained 100% use of his body and was released to active duty. In that time he focused his willpower to mastering the Force.

It was then that the Sith sacked Coruscant.

20. What is your registered user name on swtor.com?*
WilliamAnders

Last edited by Anders on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jando Vek
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Character Sheet
Name: Jando Vek
Advanced Class: Vanguard
RP Title: Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: William Ander's Application (Approved)   Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:24 pm

Well it was good until question 15 and on, you forgot too answer them.
Back to top Go down
Cormac Darjay
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Character Sheet
Name: Cormac Darjay
RP Title: Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: William Ander's Application (Approved)   Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:26 pm

Like he said: "Is not finished."
Back to top Go down
http://www.thearmyoflightswtor.com
Jando Vek
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Character Sheet
Name: Jando Vek
RP Title: Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: William Ander's Application (Approved)   Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Ah, I did not see that, I just clicked the last post and read his application, my bad.
Back to top Go down
Keahi Sindarin
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: William Ander's Application (Approved)   Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:03 am

Looking good, Can't wait to see the finished product.
Back to top Go down
isaiahzsa
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Character Sheet
Name: Isaiahzsa
Advanced Class: trooper
RP Title: Solari 1 Actual

PostSubject: Re: William Ander's Application (Approved)   Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:06 am

I'm not on the council, but so far it look's like one that would be accepted!
Back to top Go down
Anders
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: William Ander's Application (Approved)   Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:39 am

Now done!
Back to top Go down
Coddy Lightcloud
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Character Sheet
Name: Coddy Lightcloud
Advanced Class: Jedi Sage
RP Title: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: William Ander's Application (Approved)   Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:15 am

Looks about right, Very well structured. And another US Army. Good Luck Anders.
Back to top Go down
http://kaicoddy.webs.com
Teran 'Tec' Bourne
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Character Sheet
Name: Teran 'Tec' Bourne
Advanced Class: Consular - Sage
RP Title: Knight - Sgt.Mjr

PostSubject: Re: William Ander's Application (Approved)   Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:25 am

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: William Ander's Application (Approved)   Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:00 am

Greetings Anders,

Your Application is now Under Review by the Recruitment Council. You will receive an answer shortly, usually within 48 hours.

Thank you for your interest in The Army of Light.

Warmest regards,
Grand Master Jephos Mispir
Founder of The Army of Light

Jephos Mispir | Founder | High General | Grand Master

"The Time is Always Right to do What is Right."
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
Anders
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: William Ander's Application (Approved)   Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Thank you for considering me into this fine guild!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: William Ander's Application (Approved)   Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Outstanding application. Thank you for putting the time and effort into it that you did. I enjoy the detail and personality that you've given it. Good luck on your acceptance.
Back to top Go down
Seraphin Nero
General
General

Character Sheet
Name: Seraphin Nero
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight-Guardian
RP Title: Jedi Master

PostSubject: Anders Application   Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Fantastic and well written application. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: William Ander's Application (Approved)   Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:28 am

Greetings Anders,

Your Application has been Approved.

Your next step upon the Path is to pass your Trial Membership.

You will need to:
- Post 15 meaningful posts on the Forums
- Post an Introduction of yourself (RP) on the Forums
- Create a registered Forums profile, complete with avatar
- Obtain an avatar for use in our Xat chats (primary room is our Citadel Chat)
- While in chat, make your name [AL]Initiate Anders
- Register with the guild on the SW:TOR site at http://www.swtor.com/guilds/5501/army-light

After you have been here a minimum of 1 week and have done the aforementioned, you must then interview with myself or Supreme Master Caliber Mispir to pass into Full Membership.

With that successfully completed, you will report to the Jedi branch leader (Master Caliber Mispir or Master Shoja Fodun) for general class branch training and to General Bren Durron for Squadron/Platoon assignment. Squadrons will act as your home within your home and help acclimate you to guild life and try to answer any questions you may have.

Also, we foster an Open Door Policy here at the Army of Light. Should you ever have a question or difficulty, or simply need to talk over an issue, please send me a PM here on the Forums.

Best of luck to you.

Warmest regards,
Grand Master Jephos Mispir
Founder of the Army of Light

Jephos Mispir | Founder | High General | Grand Master

"The Time is Always Right to do What is Right."
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
Anders
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: William Ander's Application (Approved)   Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:33 am

Thank you very much! I'll do what is required of me in a timely manner. I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Back to top Go down
Korvus Starlight
Commander
Commander

Character Sheet
Name: Korvus Starlight
Advanced Class: Sentinel
RP Title: Master

PostSubject: Re: William Ander's Application (Approved)   Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:11 am

Welcome to the AL Anders.

Members who wish to have a future in this guild must read the following thread: http://thearmyoflight.forumotion.com/t1584-solari-company-duties

Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force.

Alts: Orion Ordo, Tal Olan, Oren Damar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: William Ander's Application (Approved)   

Back to top Go down

William Ander's Application (Approved)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1