Welcome to the Forums of the Army of Light.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
This Forum is Now De-Commissioned. Please Register at the New, Enhanced Forums at: www.thearmyoflightswtor.forumotion.com . Thank you.

Share | 

Palidane Organa's Application (Accepted)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Palidane Organa's Application (Accepted)   Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:50 pm

1. Character Name (this will be your name on the site and forums):*
Palidane Starbolt

2. Class (Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight, Smuggler, or Trooper):*
Trooper Commando

3. Please describe your knowledge of Star Wars? The more detailed the better, please: *
A few years back, I was totally obsessed with Star Wars. It's lessened a bit nowadays, with my discovery of LotR. Still, I like to think of myself as an authority on Star Wars, as I've read many many books and played lots of games, not to mention hours on Wookiepedia. However, my knowledge of comics is severely lacking. I have no idea who Zayne Carrick of Cade Skywalker are, so don't ask.

4. Please tell us about your other guild/MMO experiences. If there is more than one guild/experience, please include all of them. If you left your last guild, please tell us why you decided to leave. If you have used more than one name, please list them all.*
I recently discovered LOTRO with it's move to F2P. I play alot, but will probably have to abandon it when TOR comes out.
Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies): The Last Alliance
-Game: LOTRO
-Name: Palidane, Torron
-Level: 45, 41.
-Server: Gladden.
-Class: Warden, Hunter.
-Race: Hobbit, Elf.

5. What type of role do you wish to take within the guild? How do you plan to be active? Please be specific.*
I plan on being fairly active here. I'm up for helping the newbies, joining raids, assisting on quests, and answering distress calls for some PvP. I plan on just helping out, not shouldering huge responsibility or anything.

6. Why do you feel the Army of Light is a good fit for you?*
Hmm. I'd say the pleasant atmosphere, general versatility (You guys PvP, PvE, and RP?), strict guidelines for entering, and your allies with a guild my friends in.

7. What do you expect of the guild? Please be specific.*
I expect a good place for trading/crafting, people willing to assist with quests, enough raiders to get a group together, enough RP'ers for some random RPing, enough PvP'ers to PvP with, enough level-capped veterans to ask advice and help out, enough newbies to bring a pleasant atmosphere and endless requests for advice, Wink enough enemies to rally against, and a general pleasant atmosphere to play the game in.

8. Age:*

9. Time Zone:*
EST

10.Role-Play experience/expectations. Can you give us some examples of Role-Playing you have participated in before. When it comes to expectations, give us an example of what would be fun to participate in, what you are looking for, etc.*I enjoy RP, but it's pretty scarce on Gladden. Id'say I'm a medium RP'er, with a backstory, but I don't do it constantly, and certainly don't expect others to. The funnest kind of RP in my experience is random and spontaneous, with both players making it up as they go along. What is dislike is RP in combat; I can type and I can fight, not both together.

11. How can you benefit and help the guild? Please include any skills or talents you have that you would
enjoy doing within the guild. How have you helped your previous guild(s), if you have previous experience?*

I guess just generally I'd just like to help people out. Bring some more firepower so a newbie can beat a quest, add my minigun to a raid, give some craft materials away, just being helpful. I wouldn't call myself a natural leader, but I do often get put in that role IRL. Well, as much as a 14 year old can. Still, I don't play games to shoulder massive responsibility, I do it to relax. I'm afraid I'd make a poor squad leader.

12. How do you define a quality member?*
One who is kind, patient, understanding, smart, good in a fight, good in a debate, helps the newbs, shuts down noobs, and generally does his best. Most important, he isn't whiny and doesn't make a nuisance out of himself.

13. How did you find the Army of Light? Did someone recruit you? If so, please let us know who.*
My friend signed up with the Saints of the Old Republic. They look like a quality guild, but seem a tad too restrictive. I found you guys in their alliance tab.

14a.Have you visited our website and chat room, and familiarized yourself with the, Charter, Mission Statement, and Rules of Conduct? (You must answer in the affirmative and please prove that you have)*
I have. I thought they were, good if standard rules. Mostly, don't be a jerk and you'll be ok. I'm not sure how to provide proof.

14b. Do you pledge to fulfill them, most notably to uphold the virtues of Maturity, Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama?*
I do.

15. Would you say that you embody the qualities of Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity? What are your definitions of these four words? Please don’t just answer yes or no, let us know why you think you possess these qualities.*
I think I do. I'd say Respect is treating everybody with a minimum amount of politeness. Also, the willingness to listen to other people, and know your place. A person with respect follows orders, even if he disagrees with them. Respect is beyond yes ma'am/sir, it's genuine. I like to think I'm a respectful kid, though I don't buy the "adults are always better at you in everything" thing.

Honor is acting with kindness, respect, valor, and fairness. Not stooping to the levels of others, a honorable person always takes the high road, even though it's an uphill climb. Honesty is I think one of the most important parts of being honorable. Always keeping your word, and not making promises you can't keep. Lying, cheating, stealing, and general underhandedness is below an Honorable Person. I definitely try to be an honorable person.

Loyalty is sticking with a person or promise through thick or through thin. Rather than bailing at the first sign of trouble, a loyal person stays till the end, whether is be good or evil. Loyalty to a cause means not giving up, no matter what. I would say the most important part of loyalty is unfailing determination. I hope I'm a loyal person.

Maturity is... hard to describe. For something so important, maturity is difficult to put into words. I'd say maturity is acknowledging your not the smartest person on the earth. Knowing when to speak and when to hold your peace. I would say I'm a mature person, at least comparatively.

16. In more than 30 but less than 100 words, please describe your personal character and the type of person you are (We wish to get a good feel of the type of person that will be becoming a part
of our guild family)*

Hey guys, I'm Palidane! I'm just a 14 year old kid from the deep south with a passion for Star Wars and gaming in general. I like reading, debating, fencing, running, ATV riding, and saving the world. Very Happy. I'm one of the smartest kids in my class, but I can be a cynic at times. I tend to be confrontational, which has landed me in some trouble over the year. I'm gonna be rolling a Trooper Commando, then I'll try the other republic classes, then the sith. Light side all around though, dark side makes me feel guilty.

17. Tell us a little about your in-game character*
-Character Name: Palidane Boltstar
-Character Physical/Mental Features: Normal looking human with short black hair and a vertical scar over his right eye.
-Character Biography: Still working on it. Probably the son of a wealthy senator or something.

Last edited by Palidane on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Palidane Organa's Application (Accepted)   Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:10 pm

Thank you for your interest in the Army of Light, Palidane! Your Application will now be reviewed by the AL Recruitment Council. A decision will be returned to you, normally within 48 hours.

Warmest regards,
Grand Master Jephos Mispir
Founder of the Army of Light

Jephos Mispir | Founder | High General | Grand Master

"The Time is Always Right to do What is Right."
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com

PostSubject: Re: Palidane Organa's Application (Accepted)   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Thanks for applying Palidane Starbolt Very Happy
Back to top Go down
isaiahzsa
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Character Sheet
Name: Isaiahzsa
Advanced Class: trooper
RP Title: Solari 1 Actual

PostSubject: Re: Palidane Organa's Application (Accepted)   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:48 pm

Trooper, I like you Smile
Back to top Go down
Coddy Lightcloud
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Character Sheet
Name: Coddy Lightcloud
Advanced Class: Jedi Sage
RP Title: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Palidane Organa's Application (Accepted)   Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:09 am

I hope luck for your application, we could always use another trooper.
Back to top Go down
http://kaicoddy.webs.com
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Palidane Organa's Application (Accepted)   Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:02 pm

Greetings Palidane,

Your Application has been Approved.

The next step is to pass your Trial Membership.

You will need to:
- Post 15 meaningful posts on the Forums
- Post an Introduction of yourself (RP) on the Forums
- Create a registered Forums profile, complete with avatar
- Obtain an avatar for use in our xat chats
- While in chat, make your name [AL]Initiate Palidane Starbolt
- Register with the guild on the SW:TOR site at http://www.swtor.com/guilds/5501/army-light (if you use a different TOR name then what you are known by here, please let the GM know)

After you have been here 1 week and have done the aforementioned, you
must then interview with myself or Supreme Master Caliber Mispir to pass
into Full Membership.

Warmest regards,
Grand Master Jephos Mispir
Founder of the Army of Light

Jephos Mispir | Founder | High General | Grand Master

"The Time is Always Right to do What is Right."
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com

PostSubject: Re: Palidane Organa's Application (Accepted)   Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:19 pm

Thank you so much sir. It's great to be a real member.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palidane Organa's Application (Accepted)   Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:53 pm

HUGE Congrats Padawan Organa Very Happy Very Happy

HUGGS...Very Happy

RN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palidane Organa's Application (Accepted)   

Back to top Go down

Palidane Organa's Application (Accepted)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1