The Army of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Forums of the Army of Light.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This Forum is Now De-Commissioned. Please Register at the New, Enhanced Forums at: www.thearmyoflightswtor.forumotion.com . Thank you.

Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)

Go down 
+11
Alepo Mispir
Korvus Starlight
MaverickXinn
Mike J Scott
Ven Ziloy
Jephos Mispir
Coddy Lightcloud
Gole_Liath
Drago Blackwing
Von'dur Kelm
Dagoph Kane
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Dagoph Kane
Recruit
Dagoph Kane

Character Sheet
Name: Dagoph Kane
Advanced Class: Guardian
RP Title: Initiate

Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Empty
PostSubject: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am

1. Character Name (this will be your name on the site and forums):* Dagoph Kane (I noticed that there was a member with this surname. If he wants me to change it I will.)

2a. Primary Class-
Jedi Knight
2b. Advanced Class –
Jedi Guardian

Please describe your knowledge of Star Wars? The more detailed the better, please:

I have always found Star Wars to be a great series, with an incredibly deep, well thought-out universe and history. I don’t know very much outside of the movies, other than the story of a few of the games. It is an amazing story about good versus evil, and a young man with incredible potential. He is tempted by evil and gives into it, and it destroys him. He leads a huge force to dominate the galaxy, only to be resisted by his own son, who becomes a leader and a warrior to stop him. He faces many trials, and just when all seems lost, his father redeems himself, while fulfilling an ancient prophecy about restoring the balance of the force, and is killed in the process. The son then moves on to lead the Jedi as a war hero. I am familiar with the stories of Revan, Kyle Katarn, Jaden Korr, and Galen Marek as well.
4. Please tell us about your other guild/MMO experiences. If there is more than one guild/experience, please include all of them. If you left your last guild, please tell us why you decided to leave. If you have used more than one name, please list them all.*
Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies): Men of Numenor. I left the guild when I transferred to a different server so I could play with my cousin. They were a great guild and I had fun with them, but there was a lack of seriousness that kind of ruined the experience for me.
-Game: Lord of the Rings Online

-Name:
Ceolhere
-Level:
-Server:
Arkenstone (transferred to Meneldor)
-Class:
Lore-Master
-Race:
Race of Man
Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies): Silver Dragons. I never technically left the clan; the game had been changed so much from what it was, to something that just wasn’t fun anymore, so I just stopped playing.

-Game: RuneScape
-Name:
Gopher98
-Level:
around 80, it was a long time ago, so I’m not really sure
-Server:
characters don’t have defined servers
-Class:
no class system, but I played as a warrior primarily
-Race:
Human
5. What type of role do you wish to take within the guild? How do you plan to be active? Please be specific.*
I hope to take a fairly active role, promoting the interests of the guild as more of a student than a leader, I want to get to know more about Star Wars while role-playing.
6. Why do you feel the
Army of Light is a good fit for you?*
There is clearly a sense of maturity in this guild, which is something that most other guilds and even the world in general lack. I want to get to know more about Star Wars and have fun and stay in character while doing so. The website is also very professional, which is important.

7. What do you expect of the guild? Please be specific.*
I expect no more from the guild than it expects from me, respect and tolerance being the most important. I expect to respect others, and others to do the same to me.
8. Age* (Must be 16+):
I am currently 15. I will be 16 in a month.
9. Time Zone:*
Pacific
10.Role-Play experience/expectations. Can you give us some examples of Role-Playing you have participated in before. When it comes to expectations, give us an example of what would be fun to participate in, what you are looking for, etc.*
I was in a Role-Playing clan in RuneScape several years ago, as a high ranking council member. I helped make decisions that affected our clan, doing treaties, and organizing events. I would like to do something similar to this if there are any opportunities to do so.
11. How can you benefit and help the guild? Please include any skills or talents you have that you would
enjoy doing within the guild. How have you helped your previous guild(s), if you have previous experience?*

I have a bit of experience in MMO’s having played RuneScape for around 4 years, and LOTRO for a while. I know how guilds work, and am willing to contribute to making The Army of Light better (although, from the looks of it, it doesn’t seem like there is much room for improvement)

12. How do you define a quality member?*
A person who follows orders, follows rules, is willing to contribute to the guild, is willing to help those who need it, someone that will go out of their way to lend a helping hand, and above all else respects others, even if they have opposing views.
13. How did you find the
Army of Light? Did someone recruit you? If so, please let us know who.*
I was actually looking at some articles on the SWTOR wiki and noticed the guild list. I wanted to get an idea of how many there were and I noticed The Army of Light near the top with the exact specifications I was hoping to find. (and an awesome name too)
14a.Have you visited our website and chat room, and familiarized yourself with the, Charter, Mission Statement, and Rules of Conduct? (You must answer in the affirmative and please prove that you have)*
I have read the rules, but was not able to find the mission statement or charter. If someone could tell me where these are at, I would be more than willing to read them. Basically, respect others, be mature and honest, stay loyal and stay in character.
14b. Do you pledge to fulfill them, most notably to uphold the virtues of Maturity, Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama?*
Yes
14c. The
Army of Light wishes to have members who take the concept of Commitment and Loyalty very seriously. By applying and if accepted, you are taking an Oath to both the guild and your guild-mates here. Is this something to which you can commit?
Yes

15. Would you say that you embody the qualities of Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity? What are your definitions of these four words? Please don’t just answer yes or no, let us know why you think you possess these qualities.*
I would say respect is something that is severely lacking in this world. It is, for lack of a better word, being nice to people, even if they are against you or your views and treating them better than they deserve, even if they wouldn’t do the same for you. I was raised to always respect others. I am naturally a quiet person, which helps, as I am often not willing to speak out against others.

Honor is holding up your end of the deal, even if it wasn’t a formal or spoken agreement. I believe that mercy and honor go hand in hand. Honor is personally something I try to uphold, even if it means I get the bad end of something, I would rather BE wronged than do what is wrong.

Loyalty is staying with someone until the end, even if you know that they are wrong. It is trusting them to make the right decisions for themselves, and to be willing to back them up when things go wrong. I don’t have very many specific reasons to prove I am loyal, but I have very few to prove the opposite.

Maturity is acting the way that you are expected by others. Insults and arguing are very immature, whereas debating and discussing are mature. I know that maturity and wisdom come with age, and that I am really young, but I know that I am more mature than most that are my age.

16. Tell us about a time you offered assistance to someone who did not ask for it but clearly needed it. If you have never had this experience, tell us what you would do if faced with that situation?
When I see someone being destroyed in a fight, and I know they can’t win, I will step in. In my experience, people get mad if you “steal their kill” so I try to only step in when things are looking bad. I once noticed someone taking on too many bandits so I ran to help him out. It was a great fight, and we killed a lot of them, but they eventually took us down. The person I helped thanked me for my help anyways, even though I wasn’t expecting it after letting him down like that. We eventually became good friends and worked together many times.
17. Role-play Scenario (please tell us how you would handle the situation): You are leading a group of 3 others through a forest on a remote moon to destroy an enemy communications relay. Up ahead in a clearing, you happen to spot a small Sith camp. Your group has not yet been spotted by the enemy. You are reasonably well supplied for your mission, including armaments. The clearing containing the Sith camp is not necessarily in your direct path to reach your original mission objective. Attacking the camp could alert the guards at the relay. However, attacking the relay without first dealing with the camp could mean enemy reinforcements from the camp. What do you do?
I would maintain a level head, and not let our group’s hate of the Sith deter us from our path. I ignore the camp and continue on my intended path. I would leave defenses such as traps behind us, just in case they try to follow after us. I would lead the group with suppressive tactics, giving the enemy little time to think, plan, or react.
18. In more than 50 but less than 200 words, please describe your personal character and the type of person you are (We wish to get a good feel of the type of person that will be becoming a part of our guild family - a very important question!)*

I have grown up as a Christian, and I hold faith, wisdom, and honor as the highest virtues. I am very quiet and contemplative. I think of myself as very passionate, but peaceful. I try my hardest to not exclude people, or make them feel bad. I believe that I am compassionate and understanding. I try my best, to do what is right.

19. Tell us a little about your in-game character*
-Character Name: Dagoph Kane
-Character Physical/Mental Features: Afairly typical male Zabrak, with all the determination and will to survive that the name implies.
-Character Biography: Dagoph grew up in a small village on the Zabrak home-world of Iridonia. He was raised in typical Zabrak tradition, to exemplify the virtues of his kind. His father, Darhil, was a rich merchant who insisted that his only child be given the finest martial arts training money could buy. On the day of his thirteenth birthday, there was a fight between Republic and Imperial forces in the atmosphere surrounding Iridonia. The fight seemed all but lost to the Empire. They retreated to the planet’s surface and took everyone in the village as a hostage to try and barter their way out of this mess. But there was one that they did not find. Dagoph had seen the ships approaching and ran to warn the people of the village, but was too late. He watched from the outskirts of the town as the Imperials lined up the hostages, ready to execute them if the Republic did not cooperate. They sent a message to the Republic forces, demanding their terms. While waiting for a reply, a woman tried to get up and run. She was quickly captured and when they were about to kill her, Darhil stood up and offered to take her punishment for her. They threw the woman back into the line and shot Darhil in the back several times. Dagoph burst out from his hiding place. At the same moment, the Republic forces issued a counter attack and swooped in to take out the oppressors. A brutal fight ensued and the battle raged all through the village. As Dagoph stood over his father’s body, he heard footsteps behind him and turned to find the man that had shot his father. At that moment, Dagoph unleashed a power he didn’t know he possessed. He used the force to lift a small rock, sending in straight into the man’s head, piercing his armor and killing him. The fight quickly ended after that, and a Jedi approached Dagoph, still crouching next to his father. He knew that the boy had nowhere to go, and after seeing the body of the soldier next to him, he knew that he had great potential. He told the boy to follow him, and Dagoph knew that he was going to be a Jedi.

I know it’s not very original, but I tried. I’m not the most creative person, but I put a lot of thought into this.
20. What is your registered user name on swtor.com?* - Gophen
Back to top Go down
Von'dur Kelm
Private
Private
Von'dur Kelm

Character Sheet
Name: Von'dur Kelm
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight-Guardian
RP Title: 4

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 1:27 am

Good luck my friend!
Back to top Go down
Drago Blackwing
Private
Private
Drago Blackwing

Location : I am whereever carmin sandiego is. good luck with that

Character Sheet
Name: Drago Blackwing
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:00 am

Nice to meet you Dagoph. you seem to have a very good attitude for your age. I'm surprised you've never played WoW, but in some ways that is a good thing. I was caught off-gaurd by your answer to number 16 ( I thought you where talking about real life XD). All in all, you sound like a fun person. I hope to see you around.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Dagoph Kane
Recruit
Dagoph Kane

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 3:10 am

I wasn't sure if the question was referring to an in-game thing or real life, but no, I haven't fought many bandits in real life either Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gole_Liath
Sergeant
Sergeant
Gole_Liath

Character Sheet
Name: Gole Liath
Advanced Class: Shadow
RP Title: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:37 am

Hey, nice app Dagoph, good luck with the Recruitment Council!
Back to top Go down
Coddy Lightcloud
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Coddy Lightcloud

Character Sheet
Name: Coddy Lightcloud
Advanced Class: Jedi Sage

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:13 am

I won't think the age will matter since you'll turn 16 in a month period. So good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://kaicoddy.webs.com
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General
Jephos Mispir

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:34 am

Greetings Dagoph,

Your Application is now Under Review by the Recruitment Council. You
will receive a reply shortly, usually within the next 48 to 72 hours.

Thank you for your interest in The Army of Light.

Warmest regards,
High General Jephos Mispir
Founder of The Army of Light
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
Ven Ziloy
Private First Class
Private First Class
Ven Ziloy

Character Sheet
Name: Ven Ziloy
Advanced Class: Jedi-Knight

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:16 am

Good luck with your application. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mike J Scott
Private First Class
Private First Class
Mike J Scott

Character Sheet
Name: M_J_Scott
Advanced Class: Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
MaverickXinn
Private First Class
Private First Class
MaverickXinn

Character Sheet
Name: Maverick Xinn
RP Title: padawan

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 1:26 pm

good luck to you Smile
Back to top Go down
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General
Jephos Mispir

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Greetings Dagoph,

Your Application has been Approved.

Your next step upon the Path is to pass your Trial Membership.

You will need to:
- Post 15 meaningful posts on the Forums
- Post an Introduction of yourself (RP) on the Forums
- Create a registered Forums profile, complete with avatar and SW:TOR contact name
- Obtain an avatar for use in our Xat chats (primary room is our Citadel Chat)
- While in chat, make your name [AL]Recruit Dagoph Kane
- Re-familiarize yourself with the Guild Rules, with emphasis on Core Values and RP atmosphere
- Register with the guild on the SW:TOR site at http://www.swtor.com/guilds/5501/army-light

After you have stayed in the guild for 1 week minimum and accomplished the tasks mentioned before, please speak to me regarding your interview for Full Membership.

Once that has been accomplished, you may report to the Jedi branch leader, General Shoja Fodun, for training. Contact Commander Korvus Starlight for squad/platoon/company assignment.

In addition, we foster an Open Door Policy here at The Army of Light. Should you ever have a question or difficulty, or simply need to talk over an issue, please send me a PM here on the Forums.

Warmest regards,
High General Jephos Mispir
Founder of The Army of Light
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
MaverickXinn
Private First Class
Private First Class
MaverickXinn

Character Sheet
Name: Maverick Xinn
RP Title: padawan

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:07 pm

welcome to the Army of Light Smile
Back to top Go down
Dagoph Kane
Recruit
Dagoph Kane

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:16 pm

Thank you for accepting my application. I look forward to working with you all
Back to top Go down
Korvus Starlight
Commander
Commander
Korvus Starlight

Character Sheet
Name: Korvus Starlight
Advanced Class: Sentinel
RP Title: Master

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:21 pm

Welcome to the AL. When you get the chance read the thread that I have linked to in my signature.
Back to top Go down
Alepo Mispir
Recruit
Alepo Mispir

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm

Congratz new memberr
Back to top Go down
Neoagustus
Private First Class
Private First Class
Neoagustus

Character Sheet
Name: Neo Agustus
Advanced Class: Jedi Consular-Sage
RP Title: Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Grats on being accepted!
Back to top Go down
Von'dur Kelm
Private
Private
Von'dur Kelm

Character Sheet
Name: Von'dur Kelm
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight-Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Welcome! Smile hope to speak with you in the chat sometime!
Back to top Go down
Dagoph Kane
Recruit
Dagoph Kane

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Is it okay if I change my character bio? I don't really like it now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Korvus Starlight
Commander
Commander
Korvus Starlight

Character Sheet
Name: Korvus Starlight
Advanced Class: Sentinel
RP Title: Master

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Dagoph Kane wrote:
Is it okay if I change my character bio? I don't really like it now that I think about it.
Yes, you can change it as much as you like.
Back to top Go down
Gole_Liath
Sergeant
Sergeant
Gole_Liath

Character Sheet
Name: Gole Liath

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 7:34 am

Congratulations on your acceptance Dagoph, let me know if you need any help figuring out the Trial membership requirements!
Back to top Go down
QuanZen
Recruit
QuanZen

Character Sheet
Name: QuanZen
RP Title: Zen

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Congrats cheers
Back to top Go down
Areus
Private First Class
Private First Class
Areus

Character Sheet
Name: Areus
Advanced Class: Jedi Guardian
RP Title: Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:24 am

Welcome to the AL cheers
Back to top Go down
Alleairam
Recruit
Alleairam

Character Sheet
Name: Alleairam
Advanced Class: Seer
RP Title: SWTOR

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:18 am

I never thanked you for your kind comment's concerning my bio, nor did I take the time to congratulate you on your acceptance into the AoL.

So, I thought I would correct both those mistakes immediately! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike J Scott
Private First Class
Private First Class
Mike J Scott

Character Sheet
Name: M_J_Scott
Advanced Class: Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:28 pm

Hey! congratz!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)   Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dagoph Kane's Application (Approved)
Page 1 of 1