The Army of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Forums of the Army of Light.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This Forum is Now De-Commissioned. Please Register at the New, Enhanced Forums at: www.thearmyoflightswtor.forumotion.com . Thank you.

Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)

Go down 
+14
Korvus Starlight
Cormac Darjay
Traxex Wraw
Caliber Mispir
MaverickXinn
Gole_Liath
Tal Core Starknite
Jephos Mispir
Nayra Selin
Von'dur Kelm
Ijai Teer
Cargus Andzap
Jando Vek
Boulder
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boulder
Private
Private
Boulder

Character Sheet
Name: Ballard
Advanced Class: Commando
RP Title:

Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Empty
PostSubject: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:24 pm

1. Character Name (this will be your name on the site and forums):*Boulder

2a. Primary Class (Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight, Smuggler, or Trooper):*Trooper

2b. Advanced Class (if decided):* Vanguard but have also considered a Commando

3. Please describe your knowledge of Star Wars? The more detailed the better, please: *I wasn't introduced to Star Wars until a later age, an age which I am ashamed to admit to. Obviously I wouldn't be here if I hadn't at least seen all of the movies. I have played the first KOTOR and have done quite a bit of reading on TOR. I am also currently addicted to the Wookiepedia and have even had to explain to my boss what a Wookiepedia is and how it accidently came up while I was searching for something work related. I have several of the EU books on my "to read" list and expect to get to them fairly soon.

4. Please tell us about your other guild/MMO experiences. If there is more than one guild/experience, please include all of them. If you left your last guild, please tell us why you decided to leave. If you have used more than one name, please list them all.*I could go on for days about all of the guild experiences, I've played nearly every major MMO starting with Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, City of Heroes, The Sims Online (don't tell anyone please), Second Life (hated it), World of Warcraft, Dark Age (again), Warhammer Online (beta tester), Age of Conan, Champions Online, and DC Universe which is what I'm listing below as thats the most recent and I don't remember most of the other guilds over the last 10 years.
Guild Name (Reason for leaving if applies): Gotham Knights; I did not leave the guild I left the game.
-Game: DC Universe
-Name: Botano & Frigus
-Level: 30 & 30
-Server: Virtue and Vice
-Class: Nature & Ice
-Race: Human

5. What type of role do you wish to take within the guild? How do you plan to be active? Please be specific.*I just want to play the game with others of a like mindset and have fun. Ultimately my goal is to enjoy myself, I have zero interest in competing for power or playing guild political games. I just want to RP and enjoy myself. This can be anything from getting together in a cantina with a few others and RPing, to an actual RP event. I enjoy assisting others by giving whatever knowledge I've acquired even if it is minimal. I'm a fairly active player; there are times where it may seem like I never log off and others where I have some things going on at home and I can't get on for a day or two. I am however pretty regular in when I do play as I work a 7-4 boring office job playing "Where's Waldo" with government money and am off on weekends. That's when you'll usually see me.

6. Why do you feel the Army of Light is a good fit for you?*You guys look organized from what I can see so far, large enough to have people to play with, but discriminating enough to prevent some of the weirdos from sneaking in. I always look for a detailed application, the guild wanting to get to know a potential member is a good sign. I've browsed through the comments in the applications and your members all seem very pleasant and helpful.

7. What do you expect of the guild? Please be specific.*I hate drama and political garbage that many guilds suffer from. I deal with office politics on a day to day basis and do not want to deal with it within a game unless it is purely for RP purposes. I'd like an active guild that will preferably but not exclusively participate in content with its own members. I expect the leaders to lead by example and conduct themselves in a mature manner when need be bring down the hammer on those who need it. I just want to have fun and I expect a guild to perpetuate a fun environment for its members and other players alike.

8. Age* (Must be 16+): 26

9. Time Zone:*Eastern

10.Role-Play experience/expectations. Can you give us some examples of Role-Playing you have participated in before. When it comes to expectations, give us an example of what would be fun to participate in, what you are looking for, etc.* I'm not looking for a guild that only does regularly scheduled RP events on a constant basis (although those do serve their purpose) but spontaneous events ("Party in the YYY Cantina!") are always good fun and I find make the best RP experiences. I'd love for members to create story lines for themselves and invite others to participate (I have a few I'd like to do myself). Forum RP is a good way to interact with other members who may never see each other in game due to conflicting schedules. I personally have participated in all of the above and thoroughly enjoy it and I'm sure others out there have very good ideas, I'd like an environment where everyone has the opportunity to create an event, be it scheduled or spontaneous but doesn't feel pressured to if they only want to contribute to those someone else organizes.

11. How can you benefit and help the guild? Please include any skills or talents you have that you would
enjoy doing within the guild. How have you helped your previous guild(s), if you have previous experience?*
I love to play the game and I never mind assisting others with content that they are struggling with or just want company on. I do make an effort to do my reading and research the class I am playing so I can usually be some assistance to others of my class type. I'm not a website designer, or a Photoshop whiz but I can, however, offer in game assistance and enjoy doing so.

12. How do you define a quality member?*A quality member is someone who does not deliberately create drama, helps those within the guild, and does their best to foster a friendly and fun environment. I don't expect everyone to be RP masters or a genius when it comes to game mechanics. The only thing I expect out of fellow members is for them to not act like turds immature.

13. How did you find the Army of Light? Did someone recruit you? If so, please let us know who.*I found Army of Light via the SWTOR Guild Headquarters.

14a.Have you visited our website and chat room, and familiarized yourself with the, Charter, Mission Statement, and Rules of Conduct? (You must answer in the affirmative and please prove that you have)* Indeed I have visited the aforementioned areas although could not see any chat as I am not a member (yet?).

14b. Do you pledge to fulfill them, most notably to uphold the virtues of Maturity, Honor, Respect, Personal Ethics and No Drama?*You had me at "Maturity". Yes, I pledge.

14c. The Army of Light wishes to have members who take the concept of Commitment and Loyalty very seriously. By applying and if accepted, you are taking an Oath to both the guild and your guild-mates here. Is this something to which you can commit? Absolutely.

15. Would you say that you embody the qualities of Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Maturity? What are your definitions of these four words? Please don’t just answer yes or no, let us know why you think you possess these qualities.*Respect within the guild environment is simply the "Golden Rule", treating others as equals and as people not as a means to furthering oneself. Honor could simply being doing the right things, the right way. Loyalty is an unwavering commitment to those who have placed the same in you and maturity is not acting like a turd.

16. Tell us about a time you offered assistance to someone who did not ask for it but clearly needed it. If you have never had this experience, tell us what you would do if faced with that situation? If I see someone getting their rears handed to them in a fight I always give whatever assistances I can if that means a quick heal if I have the capability or a couple potshots at what they're fighting if I can't. Honestly, I tend to not keep track of when I help, I feel like that's "keeping score".

17. Role-play Scenario (please tell us how you would handle the situation): You are leading a group of 3 others through a forest on a remote moon to destroy an enemy communications relay. Up ahead in a clearing, you happen to spot a small Sith camp. Your group has not yet been spotted by the enemy. You are reasonably well supplied for your mission, including armaments. The clearing containing the Sith camp is not necessarily in your direct path to reach your original mission objective. Attacking the camp could alert the guards at the relay. However, attacking the relay without first dealing with the camp could mean enemy reinforcements from the camp. What do you do?
Assuming it is day time, I would send someone to scout the relay we are assigned to destroy while I wait for the cover of darkness. Once darkness has set in (assuming it does), I would have one of our sneakier operatives place remote charges in various locations around the camp. If the scout I sent to the relay reports a minimal force that a group of three can handle, I would request a volunteer to stay behind at the camp in a well fortified location with the remote detonators while the remaining three advance to the relay. Once we've reached the relay, I have the person at the camp detonate a charge and begin firing on the camp in controlled bursts as if a much larger force is attacking. Our group of three would then assault the relay while the camp is distracted by the feigned attack, thus ensuring that we are not surprised at the relay by reinforcements. The various remote detonated charges would allow the one man fake army to make it seem like a large force is attacking the camp. Once the relay was taken, our force would double back to the camp and remove the threat.

18. In more than 50 but less than 200 words, please describe your personal character and the type of person you are (We wish to get a good feel of the type of person that will be becoming a part
of our guild family - a very important question!)*
I'm just a dude that likes to play and RP as another dude in a cool environment with others who also like to play and RP in a cool environment. I'm pretty friendly even if I'm not the most chatty person in the world at first. I like to think I'm a nice guy but to claim it as a virtue would be pretty presumptuous without someone else saying I am. I like to think I have a sense of humor as well but I suppose that's dependant on whether or not my brand of humor (very dry) is amusing to others. My list of references isn't really that impressive, it's full of accountants and family members.

19. Tell us a little about your in-game character*
-Character Name: Ballard "Boulder" Carson
-Character Physical/Mental Features:
Ballard, who prefers to be called "Boulder", stands a head taller than the average human and half again as wide. He is athletically built and as strong as he looks. He was severely scarred along the right side of his body and face by an explosive when he was a Private during an Empire attack. While his physical appearance does not matter to him, he harbors an extreme hate for the Empire as only he, his commanding officer, and a few others survived the unprovoked attack. When it comes to military strategy, Boulder is just barely average. He is by no means the smartest soldier and will very likely never see the rank of General. He is better known as a man who can get the job done and will gladly get dirty if it means he gets to discharge his weapon into an Empire soldier or Sith. He will lead if it is mission critical but would prefer to be pointed in a direction and let loose.

-Character Biography:
Descended from a long line of service men, Ballard spent his entire life bouncing around the galaxy from one military base to another. Ballard was distinguished at a young age by his size and strength. Trained at a young age by his father, a special ops soldier, it was never a mystery where Ballard would one day end up. Once he reached enlistment age, Ballard joined the Republic troopers. Through training and boot camp he distinguished himself as not the leader of his company but as the mortar that held them together, this coupled with his size, strength, and rock solid determination, earned him the nickname Boulder. He was eventually given active duty on a small military outpost on Alderan. His outpost was one of those attacked during the invasion. It was during this invasion that Boulder earned the respect of his commanding officer and the brass of the Republic military by throwing himself between his commanding officer and an explosive charge during a surprise, Sith led attack on the outpost. Severely scorched and injured, Boulder rallied the remaining survivors and covered his commander's retreat into the forest. Boulder, due to the explosion, lost his right eye and bears the scars of the attack. Despite being offered commendations and an honorable discharge; Boulder, fueled by his new hatred for the Empire, refused. He was fitted with various cybernetics to replace the existing eye. Due to his exemplary performance and at the recommendation of the commanding officer he saved during the attack, Boulder was assigned to a special ops unit. Their current location is unknown.

20. What is your registered user name on swtor.com?* nbittel
Back to top Go down
Boulder
Private
Private
Boulder

Character Sheet
RP Title:

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:26 pm

I apologize in advance for being so overly verbose.
Back to top Go down
Jando Vek
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Jando Vek

Character Sheet
Name: Jando Vek
Advanced Class: Vanguard
RP Title: Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Yea another trooper, good luck!
Back to top Go down
Cargus Andzap
Private First Class
Private First Class
Cargus Andzap

Character Sheet
Name: Cargus Andzap
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight - Guardian
RP Title: Padwan

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Ijai Teer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Ijai Teer

Character Sheet
Name: Ijai Teer
Advanced Class: Trooper
RP Title: 4

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Jando Vek wrote:
Yea another trooper, good luck!
^this. And nice RP scenario btw.
Back to top Go down
Von'dur Kelm
Private
Private
Von'dur Kelm

Character Sheet
Name: Von'dur Kelm
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight-Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:32 pm

luck to us both Smile
Back to top Go down
Nayra Selin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Nayra Selin

Character Sheet
Name: Nayra Selin
Advanced Class: Sage
RP Title: Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:04 am

Nice application. Best of luck Boulder. I hope you make it in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:05 am

Fantastic application. I usually refrain from posting in here, but I just want to throw my two cents in: approve this app. Seriously.

Good luck, look forward to seeing you around.
Back to top Go down
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General
Jephos Mispir

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:11 am

Greetings Boulder,

Your Application is now Under Review by the Recruitment Council. You will receive a reply shortly, usually in the next 48-72 hours.

Thank you for your interest in The Army of Light.

Warmest regards,
High General Jephos Mispir
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
Tal Core Starknite
Sergeant
Sergeant
Tal Core Starknite

Location : Where the the week need strength, and a friend needs help

Character Sheet
Name: Tal Core Starknite
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:42 am

You seem to have a good sense of humor, good luck.
Back to top Go down
Gole_Liath
Sergeant
Sergeant
Gole_Liath

Character Sheet
Name: Gole Liath
Advanced Class: Shadow
RP Title: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:49 am

Great app boulder, I look forward to telling jokes w/you and your accountants.

(Seriously LOL'd there)
Back to top Go down
MaverickXinn
Private First Class
Private First Class
MaverickXinn

Character Sheet
Name: Maverick Xinn
RP Title: padawan

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:21 am

you know what would be funny, you said your character wasnt the smartest, in game you should speak in third person, "the boulder is going to crush your puny sith skulls!" XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:45 pm

MaverickXinn wrote:
you know what would be funny, you said your character wasnt the smartest, in game you should speak in third person, "the boulder is going to crush your puny sith skulls!" XD

BOULDER SMASH.
Back to top Go down
Caliber Mispir
General
General
Caliber Mispir

Character Sheet
Name: Caliber Mispir
Advanced Class: Jedi Knight
RP Title:

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:17 pm

Outstanding application! Best of luck to you!

I see that you're from Tampa. TB RAYS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thearmyoflightswtor.com
Traxex Wraw
Commander
Commander
Traxex Wraw

Character Sheet
Name: Traxex Wraw
Advanced Class: Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:40 pm

I like that nickname, boulder. Tis nice.

I should make an alt with the name...Ah I got it. "Meat."

Great app man, you got this Cool Nice to see more experienced players!
Back to top Go down
Jephos Mispir
High General
High General
Jephos Mispir

Character Sheet
Name: Jephos Mispir
RP Title: Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:15 pm

Greetings Boulder,

Your Application has been Approved.

Your next step upon the Path is to pass your Trial Membership.

You will need to:
- Post 15 meaningful posts on the Forums
- Post an Introduction of yourself (RP) on the Forums
- Create a registered Forums profile, complete with avatar and SW:TOR contact name
- Obtain an avatar for use in our Xat chats (primary room is our Citadel Chat)
- While in chat, make your name [AL]Recruit Ballard Carson

- Re-familiarize yourself with the Guild Rules, with emphasis on Core Values and RP atmosphere
- Register with the guild on the SW:TOR site at http://www.swtor.com/guilds/5501/army-light

After you have stayed in the guild for 1 week minimum and accomplished the tasks mentioned before, please speak to me regarding your interview for Full Membership.

Once that has been accomplished, you may report to the Trooper branch leader, General Bren Durron, for training. Contact Generals Durron and Vyynn Randos for squad/platoon/company assignment.

In addition, we foster an Open Door Policy here at The Army of Light. Should you ever have a question or difficulty, or simply need to talk over an issue, please send me a PM here on the Forums.

Warmest regards,
High General Jephos Mispir
Founder of The Army of Light
Back to top Go down
http://thearmyoflightswtor.com
Cormac Darjay
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Cormac Darjay

Character Sheet
Name: Cormac Darjay
Advanced Class: Vanguard
RP Title: Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:17 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thearmyoflightswtor.com

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:22 pm

Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Ijai Teer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Ijai Teer

Character Sheet
Name: Ijai Teer
Advanced Class: Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:48 pm

Congratulations, i knew you'd make it in, we need all the troopers we can get.
Back to top Go down
Nayra Selin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Nayra Selin

Character Sheet
Name: Nayra Selin
RP Title: Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Congrats. Good luck on the trial membership.
Back to top Go down
Korvus Starlight
Commander
Commander
Korvus Starlight

Character Sheet
Name: Korvus Starlight
Advanced Class: Sentinel
RP Title: Master

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:44 am

Welcome to the AL.
Back to top Go down
Ludwig VanCover
General
General
Ludwig VanCover

Character Sheet
Name: Ludwig VanCover
Advanced Class: Jedi Consular - Sage
RP Title: Master Councilor

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:11 am

WELCOME!
Back to top Go down
http://www.officialguilds-swtor.co.cc
Coddy Lightcloud
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Coddy Lightcloud

Character Sheet
Name: Coddy Lightcloud
Advanced Class: Jedi Sage

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:06 am

Congratulations Boulder!! Welcome to the Army of Light.
Back to top Go down
http://kaicoddy.webs.com
Gole_Liath
Sergeant
Sergeant
Gole_Liath

Character Sheet
Name: Gole Liath

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:45 am

Grats Boulder!! He he, I dig that nickname already!!
Back to top Go down
Boulder
Private
Private
Boulder

Character Sheet
RP Title:

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:18 am

Thanks for the invite and the warm welcome. I look forward to interacting with everyone and eventually dominating some Empire face in the the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)   Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ballard "Boulder" Carson's Application (Approved)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next